• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

1,001 questions about the ASTB (post your scores & ask your questions here!)

dav246

Whoa hey that’s a new thing to me, what’s that all about?
I had no idea for all three attempts, never showed up in literally any of my study materials or literature, so I can totally relate to never hearing it before.

I googled after my final test, and basically, a squawk code is a 4 digit numerical code given to every individual aircraft by ATC for identification/communication purposes.

nicksmitty220

I had no idea for all three attempts, never showed up in literally any of my study materials or literature, so I can totally relate to never hearing it before.

I googled after my final test, and basically, a squawk code is a 4 digit numerical code given to every individual aircraft by ATC for identification/communication purposes.
You probably got a good score if something wild like that came up

bryandreis

It will be in the exact same order every single time; Fire, Engine, Propellor. With this knowledge, a smart man would manipulate the knobs to the appropriate settings long before the voice tells you to, so that you can slap that throttle button in less than a second when its time.
Are the input values for each emergency procedure the same for each test?

For example, I believe the exact order is:

Fire:

1. Top (knob) —-> R
(Fuel to low)

2 Bottom (knob) <—- L
(Power to low)

3. Clutch (Reset)

Engine:

1. Top <—- L
2. Bottom —> R
3. Reset

Propellor:

1. Top = Middle

2. Bottom —-> R

3. Reset

bryandreis

Fire:

1. Top (knob) —-> R
(Fuel to low)

2 Bottom (knob) <—- L
(Power to low)

3. Clutch (Reset)

Engine:

1. Top <—- L
2. Bottom —> R
3. Reset

Propellor:

1. Top = Middle

2. Bottom —-> R

3. Reset

Fire:

1. Top (knob) —-> R
(Fuel to low)

2 Bottom (knob) <—- L
(Power to low)

3. Clutch (Reset)

Engine:

1. Top <—- L
2. Bottom —> R
3. Reset

Propellor:

1. Top = Middle

2. Bottom —-> R

3. Reset

dav246

Fire:

1. Top (knob) —-> R
(Fuel to low)

2 Bottom (knob) <—- L
(Power to low)

3. Clutch (Reset)

Engine:

1. Top <—- L
2. Bottom —> R
3. Reset

Propellor:

1. Top = Middle

2. Bottom —-> R

3. Reset
Bro I don't remember. I read the instructions and wrote down the exact sequences. I THINK they are the same as the simulator, but don't quote me.

Twy3

Hey all, new to the tread here. Taking the test next week. Main question is on the mechanical comprehension section. Is that more math based questions or theory and definition based?

AWG-9

Quick question just bought a MacBook 14 switched from Windows.
1) I've got the joystick set up but can't figure out how to set up the throttle PCL. Currently using Joystick mapper application. I'd really appreciate the help.
2) This may be a dumb question but is f11 on a MacBook supposed to enter full screen as well? It doesn't seem to work for me. Every time I move the crosshairs my arrow cursors moves into the task bar. Anything helps! Cheers

AWG-9

Hey all, new to the tread here. Taking the test next week. Main question is on the mechanical comprehension section. Is that more math based questions or theory and definition based?
It was way more theory based for my previous attempts. Mostly illustrations and practical questions. Like here's a picture of a balloon under a certain atmosphere etc... If that helps.

AWG-9

Quick question just bought a MacBook 14 switched from Windows.
1) I've got the joystick set up but can't figure out how to set up the throttle PCL. Currently using Joystick mapper application. I'd really appreciate the help.
2) This may be a dumb question but is f11 on a MacBook supposed to enter full screen as well? It doesn't seem to work for me. Every time I move the crosshairs my arrow cursors moves into the task bar. Anything helps! Cheers
Never mind question 1 please disregard!

AWG-9

Hey guys, I just got the Saitek X52 HOTAS and I have zero clue how to set it up to work with the Jantzen simulator. I have a MacBook Pro and I'm running the most current software, I'm definitely not the most technologically inclined so I would appreciate any advice as far as stuff to download to make this work. I got this set up from a friend so I'm not sure if it has any presets I don't know about. I hope this works lol
I'm in the same boat here haha. Currently using the latest MacBook M3. I downloaded the "Joystick Mapper App" as recommended by Dinosaurologist which was fairly easy to use. I would start with that. You will need to first create a preset for your joystick. Once that's created simply hover over the preset, you will see a little wrench symbol click on that. This will take you the a new window where you can "Add a New Bind" meaning you will need to code your keys and joystick for each axis.

cmonty

I'm in the same boat here haha. Currently using the latest MacBook M3. I downloaded the "Joystick Mapper App" as recommended by Dinosaurologist which was fairly easy to use. I would start with that. You will need to first create a preset for your joystick. Once that's created simply hover over the preset, you will see a little wrench symbol click on that. This will take you the a new window where you can "Add a New Bind" meaning you will need to code your keys and joystick for each axis.
You’re a life saver, thank you so much!

nicksmitty220

Welp I’m having my test rescheduled due to an error. May 18th is my next date. That’s fine. Gotta work on my terrain ID. It’s so bad. I have no idea how to utilize the pencil trick.