• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

16 October 2022 OCS Class (05-23)

allegroreyees

Student Naval Aviator
Honestly for me that's the only upside of having my date pushed, I'd rather freeze than sweat any day
OCS during the winter is significantly worse than any other season. It's not just freezing, the wind is insane too. PT and other activities will be modified to minimize time outside. You'll be salting sidewalks before snowstorms and shoveling snow after them. The staff dictates what you wear depending on the weather so you'll be lugging around a bunch of different outerwear between buildings. I went through OCS during the summer and was in OTCN student pool during the winter. I would choose summer every time over being in Newport for the winter.

Tvmats

OCS during the winter is significantly worse than any other season. It's not just freezing, the wind is insane too. PT and other activities will be modified to minimize time outside. You'll be salting sidewalks before snowstorms and shoveling snow after them. The staff dictates what you wear depending on the weather so you'll be lugging around a bunch of different outerwear between buildings. I went through OCS during the summer and was in OTCN student pool during the winter. I would choose summer every time over being in Newport for the winter.
Why are you telling us this bro

enzy24

I begrudgingly appreciate the candor lol

WannaFlyHigh

Mentioned it because just saw a guy who I talked to on airwarriors go from SNA pre OCS to NFO once he got to Pensacola.

WannaFlyHigh

So my cars lease will end while I am at OCS. I know I can end the lease early due to the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, but anyone ever heard of extending a lease using it? Not having a car after OCS sounds pretty awful.

Skywalker

Student Naval Aviator
Not sure but he went to OCS sometime between August and December 2021. I remember some one mentioning in other threads that a lot of people got reassigned after failing OCS physicals
Getting redes'd is more frequent at Newport than Pensacola - most who get the whammy at Pensacola are from NROTC and USNA. At OCS you'll get bumped from SNA to SNFO usually for anthro or eye-related, and if you're out of aviation entirely they're going to try and push you in the direction of SWO. People who get the whammy in Pensacola are pushed to supply or intel because their timelines aren't compatible with SWO anymore. Not sure what would happen to me, for example, if I got the whammy between now (just starting primary) and winging - I assume NFO or intel.

TF7325

pilot
Contributor
So my cars lease will end while I am at OCS. I know I can end the lease early due to the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act, but anyone ever heard of extending a lease using it? Not having a car after OCS sounds pretty awful.
I couldn’t find anything on extending your cars lease using the SCRA. However, you’ll have plenty of time after OCS to buy or lease another vehicle- especially with three months of pay sitting in your bank account upon commissioning.