• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2006 NROTC Notifications

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
My brother just found out he was awarded the 4-year NROTC scholarship (he practically screamed in my ear on the phone). Just letting the guys who applied for FY06 to keep on checking your status. Keep up the good work and dont give up :)

-ENS Fezz

Johnnyo'

Victory is mine
I just found out!!!! 4 year scholarship to the University of Virginia :)
So happy...early admission to uva and a scholarship!

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
Awesome! When did he apply, because I checked a couple of days ago and they hadn't yet made a decision, but then again, I applied late Nvember/Early December.

Johnnyo'

Victory is mine
I finished the application process, including the interview, in october. Good luck with the scholarship.

Fezz CB

"Spanish"
None
He applied in Oct also. The early bird gets the worm :) USNCav, I got a buddy who grad UVA nrotc. Good guy. Oh btw, I hate uva for beating minnesota in the music city bowl :( Later on!

Johnnyo'

Victory is mine
haha yea I can't believe UVA actually won...considering they always loose in the big game and they were playing Minnesota. Can't wait for next year!

Rage

I just got word from the MSGT at my recuiting office that i've been selected for a 4 year Marine Option Scholarship!!! Still no word on which school, I was told the letter would arrive in a week or so. My officer recruiter is in Alaska right now, so I left a message and am waiting for her to give me more details, but I figured this would be as good of time as any to introduce myself and thank everyone on this forum for the wealth of information here.

jagges84

Semper Gumby "Always Flexible"
Congrats everyone on the scholarship. Take it from an Advanced Standing guy, dont let the Navy/Marine Corps down. I have seen WAY too many scholarship people drop, or get dropped. All our Marine Option Scholarship since I have been here (4) are now gone. 1 DOR AT OCS, 1 MED, 1 DOR as Junior, 1 Dropped from program as freshman. Many of the Navy Scholarships are gone too. Its all the college programmers that are staying in. Just dont waste the Navy's money. :) Congrats.

jtellez

I haven't heard back yet... I'm hoping to get a Navy option one to VMI. I got in the school already so I'm dying to hear back for the scholarship.

AllAmerican75

FUBIJAR
None
Contributor
COngrats on getting in to VMI. I'm waiting to hear back from them. They decided to hold off on a decision until they saw my first semester grades. I received 5 A's and 1 B, so I'm hoping they like what they see.

jtellez

I read somewhere, I think the website or maybe this cataolgue they sent me that for regular decision applicants, they send out the majority of their decisions April 1st, like most other colleges, but to some exceptional candidates they mail out decisions sooner. I think you'll get in with those high semester grades if that's what they want to see. I wish you luck on getting accepted and if you do and choose to pursue appointment, then you'll be joining a class of some only 300 people in August for matriculation; a pretty proud achievement.

vanity

Zoomie
Still waiting to hear from the Navy but the AF gave me a 4 year. Hopefully I'll get something from the Navy, prefer the Navy over AF.