• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2009 Edwards AFB Show

Fog

Old RIOs never die: They just can't fast-erect
None
Contributor
Great photos. Hurray for the Air Force. There wasn't one Navy or Marine a/c in the entire show - there was one T-6 trainer painted in USMC colors, but I doubt itever was a Navy or Marine a/c. Where's the ACLU when you need them?

jmcquate

Contributor
Great photos. Hurray for the Air Force. There wasn't one Navy or Marine a/c in the entire show - there was one T-6 trainer painted in USMC colors, but I doubt itever was a Navy or Marine a/c. Where's the ACLU when you need them?

There's a Phrog in there...........but stiil

CAMike

None
Contributor
Yes- it was a good show in 2009, the little we saw of it. My friends and I spent approximately 4.0 hours attempting to get on base that fine Saturday. At 9AM the freeway traffic stopped on 15/58 and it didn't get much better from there. We moved along like snails until we finally parked on the space shuttle hard pan runway around 2:15PM. Don't get me wrong- the RV was flowing the "Captain M." and "Sailor Jerry" heavily as my passengers kept running in and out of the RV and onto the freeway to watch the show from a distance. 90% of the time we were moving 10 feet at a time. We learned our lesson for Edwards- next year it's going to be a 7AM departure or we stay at the "Kill Bill 2" RV park in Mohave all day. Freaks of nature certainly do exist in Mohave and their surrounding trailers and homes.

Although we did have fun hitting golf balls at each other as we stood about 200 yards apart on the hardpan runway in the late afternoon, the painful ingress deflated the excitement of the day. It took the USAF MP's over an hour to see what we were doing on the opposite side of the long line of cars trying to get off base. STOP what you're doing! Classic fun time in the desert. Just wouldn't want to be based there in a previous life.

(NEVER go to a geographically remote airshow without golf clubs, and an RV, even if your only 21.)