• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

2nd Class Cruises

Status
Not open for further replies.

Taildragger

API-bound!
For all you rising MIDN 2/C out there, what did yall get for summer cruise? I'm first phase surface on the USS Arleigh Burke... should be pretty fun.

motiv8r2007

E-yut!!!
A Word of Advice

For a surface enlisted cruise, try to be attached with the ET's, FC's, OS's, QM's, or anyone in combat systems or the air department if you can. You'll have a much better cruise rather than spending your time cleaning the bilge or chipping paint all day. Also, go around the ship and explore all that you can. I'm not saying that you need to be all moto and get every signoff on your PQS sheet, but have fun. Don't fall for the "Mail Buoy" joke either like a lot of people do. The enlisted guys (especially junior sailors) will try every thing they can to f^ck with you. Lock everything, too! This is just a fair warning.

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
Qual sheets...what a joke. My boat this summer gave us some qual sheets....stuck it in the back pocket and forgot about it. Work on a real qual card insted. For example, I completed the Broadband Sonar Operator qual sheet when I was underway. But believe me, the middie quals are BS.

KBayDog

NozeMan said:
Qual sheets...what a joke. My boat this summer gave us some qual sheets....stuck it in the back pocket and forgot about it. Work on a real qual card insted. For example, I completed the Broadband Sonar Operator qual sheet when I was underway. But believe me, the middie quals are BS.

Do you MIDN-types get ribbons for completing qual sheets? :D

Do you think of yourself as a preserved moose?

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
motiv8r2007 said:
For a surface enlisted cruise, try to be attached with the ET's, FC's, OS's, QM's, or anyone in combat systems or the air department if you can. . . Don't fall for the "Mail Buoy" joke either like a lot of people do. The enlisted guys (especially junior sailors) will try every thing they can to f^ck with you. Lock everything, too! This is just a fair warning.

You take away all of the fun! :D ;)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
I would guess the answer is "NO", but I'll ask anyway --- don't you do a "split" 2nd Class cruise anymore??? I.e., half the summer in Aviation indoctrination (complete with flights and PT) and the second half in Marine indoctrination (complete with grunt/amphib/helo ops and more PT) ???

NozeMan

Are you threatening me?
pilot
Super Moderator
A4sForever said:
I would guess the answer is "NO", but I'll ask anyway --- don't you do a "split" 2nd Class cruise anymore??? I.e., half the summer in Aviation indoctrination (complete with flights and PT) and the second half in Marine indoctrination (complete with grunt/amphib/helo ops and more PT) ???

Oooooooohhhhh how things have changed since your time :D :icon_smil

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
I know everyone is going to jump down my throat... but for 2/C cruise... go subs.

I had a blast... started with 3 days in Scotland, rolled out of Faslane, headed down to Rota, Spain after 28 days doing exercises (actually hunting other submarines/fighting a fake war which was kind of fun)... Anyone who wants more info just PM me.

Also - Keep in touch with your unit staff member who picks cruise assignments... sometimes being the one to check in occasionally means you go to Europe when others go chip paint in Norfolk.

Note: I never want to step foot on a submarine again... but you have to learn to make the best of the situation. I learned a helluva lot while onboard.

flashypants

Whoa.
pilot
GREAT idea. I went on a sub cruise for my 2/C, just because I knew I wanted to go aviation, wanted to see what the sub life was all about, and I may never get another opportunity to ride on a sub again, which is fine with me. BUT, it was a lot of fun and I'd recommend it to everyone. I looked at summer cruise as an opportunity to explore OTHER communities, not the one that I was planning on applying for. Just my 2 cents.

confused_pilot

1st Phase on the USS Lassen, looking forward to it... hey taildragger ever spent any time in a cub? or just what is that a 170?...

Status
Not open for further replies.