• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

4 Day Workweek

robav8r

None
Contributor
Patriots,

I am in the process of putting together an IDRC training plan which will revolve around a 4 day workweek. I am currently on deployment in C7F and I'm trying to get some info on commands that have or are doing the same thing. I have heard that an HSL squadron, a DDG and an LHD/LPH (Gator) have enjoyed good success and have published articles on what worked well for them. Would greatly appreciate any gouge, intel or resources that can assist me on my "journey" through this process.

Many thanks,

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
We tried this once in a squadron. Ended with a very bad inspection. Came down to Mondays were marginally productive due to weekend recovery, Tuesdays good, Wed's productivity went down looking forward to weekend and Thursdays were nil as it was the new Friday. Great for morale, bad for getting things done.

Pugs

Back from the range
None
We did it in VAQ-35 years ago (obviously) and it worked out OK but there were always a few of us who had to come in for at least part of the day most Fridays. About half the squadron was on a det someplace at some time or another, I went on 19 in 12 months, so the dets were flying and needed support but it was nice to head out at noon on a Friday kind of guilt free.

MasterBates

I used to leave on Friday at noon guilt free.. Was I doing something wrong?

We had a sorta 4.5 day week for a while when I was in HSL-42. I think they tried the 4 day when my det was out, but it ended up with a situation like VAQ-35, with a lot of guys coming in on a "day off"..

Securing early on Friday seemed to be the norm, and wasn't a bad deal. Although, the Hinge-Mess LOVED to have Mando-Fun a lot on Friday, so all it really meant to me was I went home, change and got the Manatee before going to the "fun" vice going straight there from work. (I lived on the other side of JAX from Mayport)