• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

45 years ago today . . .

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
A Naval Aviator took one small step into history.

689905119bc790467a125b777be29751_large.jpeg

jmcquate

Contributor
Armstrong: "Houston, Tranquility Base here. The Eagle has landed." — Capcom Charles Duke: "Roger, Twan... [correcting himself] Tranquility. We copy you on the ground. You got a bunch of guys about to turn blue. We're breathing again. Thanks a lot."

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Forty-five years ago, I was an A-4 FRS IP at NAS Cecil in Jax. One late night, I woke up my 3 pre-teens, 8, 6 & 5 to a chorus of great whining/gnashing of teeth. I tried to explain that something REALLY historic was happening... but they were totally unimpressed... until thy realized the enormity of what they were seeing struck home. Before they went back to bed, I took them out in the yard with the moon in full view, and we just marveled that there were humans actually walking about up there.:eek:

Fast forward to 8AM today, my Daughter, both Sons, and I mustered in a restaurant for a rare "all-together at once breakfast", as they all have their own families and agendas, and we are fairly scattered apart in Sandy Eggo County. My eldest Colleen, greeted me with a hug, then thanked me. "For what" I said. "For waking us up that night 45 years ago. You were right, it was truly historic, and we will always remember it"!;)

Now that made my day!:D

EDIT: Just downloaded photo from our get-together
1-Dad & Kids.JPG
BzB

Last edited: