• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A century of tailhook aviation

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
100 years ago, "Roger Ball" was just some random dude's name. "Paddles" were something you played ping-pong with. A "trap" was the first step in making a fur coat.

h82737.jpg

The rest is history.

Attachments

• h82737.jpg
    h82737.jpg
    120.8 KB · Views: 7

HuggyU2

None
I'm sure Ms' Boxer and Pelosi are in mourning, due to the fact that Naval Aviation was founded in the waters around San Francisco.
Congrats on the first century, you Navy/Marine/Coastie types. :icon_zbee

Ducky

Formerly SNA2007
pilot
Contributor
I'm sure Ms' Boxer and Pelosi are in mourning, due to the fact that Naval Aviation was founded in the waters around San Francisco.

I bet they can't wait for the 90+ plane flyover of San Diego.

Happy 100th Birthday!

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
Hickory Dickory Dock, Boxer and Pelosi can...

HercDriver

Idiots w/boats = job security
pilot
Super Moderator
I would say Naval Aviation began 2 moinths earlier when Eugene Ely flew a Curtiss Model D bi-plane from a platform constructed on the bow of the cruiser USS Birmingham anchored in Hampton Roads, Virginia, on November 14, 1910.

nittany03

Recovering NFO. Herder of Programmers.
pilot
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I would say Naval Aviation began 2 moinths earlier when Eugene Ely flew a Curtiss Model D bi-plane from a platform constructed on the bow of the cruiser USS Birmingham anchored in Hampton Roads, Virginia, on November 14, 1910.
100 years of TAILHOOK aviation . . . try to keep up. :)

HuggyU2

None
I bet they can't wait for the 90+ plane flyover of San Diego.
Happy 100th Birthday!
I will be there. Hope to see some of you there.
Their initial hope was to get 150 aircraft. Don't know the latest plan.