• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A coupla questions

Ragnaroll

Right, first post. I've been lurking around the gouges here for a few months, but now I was wondering if some of you could answer a couple of questions for me. I'm in my semester of college and we have to write a sort of thesis bit, interviewing someone from a career path you hope to get in to. I'll be taking the ASTB in a couple of weeks, but this paper's due sooner than that.

If one or maybe even more than one of you could PM me the answers to these it'd really help me out.

1. Your name, (rank and regiment optional)
2. How and why you became a naval aviator.
3. What's your typical day like
4. What role does communication play in your field. (strange question, I know, but I'm a communications major, so i gotta ask)
5. When was the last time you had a miscommunication that led to some kind of a problem, and how did you handle it?
6. What advice can you give to an aspiring aviator?

Again, any and all input will be hugely appreciated.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
No interviews today sonny but Google CRM (Crew Resource Management) and naval aviation.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
In a multi-seat aircraft, communication, both inside and outside the aircraft is key. What it boils down to is that you have to be able to effectively and efficiently communicate with ATC, the other guys in the aircraft, other aircraft and whoever else. There is alot of standardization of communications in aviation... you use certain words or phrases to mean certain things.

There are times when there are miscommunications in the plane. Depending on what its about, it may or may not cause an issue. As far as handling it, it all depends on what information wasn't understood, who misunderstood it and where its coming from. Sometimes, you can just call the controller, sometimes you have to sort it out in the cockpit.

jollygreen07

Professional (?) Flight Instructor
pilot
Contributor
1. Your name, (rank and regiment optional)
2. How and why you became a naval aviator.

Leftenant Hugh Jorgan of the South Wales Borderers, at your service sah!

But in all seriousness, listen to FLYTPAY.

And, last I checked naval aviation does not utilize the regimental system. Russia, maybe. Not here, though.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Hey, I'm in semester, too.

Scoob

If you gotta problem, yo, I'll be part of it.
pilot
Contributor
I'll help. But only if you give me your personal assurance that my help will be GREATLY rewarded once I have enabled you to reclaim your rightful inheritence as the next in line to the throne of Nigeria.

Ragnaroll

I go to Fordham University, my recruiter said there's only one pilot around the tri-state area and apparently he's gonna be interviewing me at some point, so reversing the tables there wasn't adviseable.

But actually that CRM stuff was pretty helpful!

Was hoping for a few more specifics, but thanks nonetheless.

And actually i'm the rightful heir to the throne of equatorial guinea... but i'm holding off on the coup for a few years.