• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A great guy....

BILLDO

Liable to get caught on a trip wire...
Just found out today that a good friend of mine from college was killed in Iraq. Last I'd heard, Steve was going to be flying Blackhawks, good on him for getting Apache's. From experience, Steve was a great guy and a great pilot, and undoubtedly left us the same way all true aviators would, doing what he loved. Prayers for his family.

Attachments

• a6811f25.jpg
    a6811f25.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 221

Check Six

BILLDO - Sorry for your loss mate. He obviously went doing what he loved, you cant ask for more.

Condolences to all his family, friends and who knew him.

East

东部
Contributor
Best wishes from The Netherlands....
Was it an accident caused by mechanical failure or shotdown?
Just wanting to know, it will not get your friend back, though.
All Aircrew lost in The Netherlands since WWII were mech failures or pilot errors and reactions are different when someday a Dutch F-16 will be shotdown over Afganistan. We lost recently a CH-47 and a Apache overthere in accidents, no casualties.

People should do the things they believe in, I do and I would if my Gov would sent me out to "Rag".

ip568

None
My prayers are with him, his family, and his friends.

"Greater love hath no man who would lay down his life for his countryman."

ea6bflyr

Working Class Bum
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
We are all sorry for his loss. We all wish you well.

Not to use this as a jumping point, but Avaiation (civil and Military) is a dangerous business. Take the time today to ensure your affairs are in order (Pg2, SGLI, Will, Power of Attorney, etc) with the hope that we will never have to use them.

Our hopes and prayers are with you and his family during this time of need.

ea6bflyr

Reactions: E5B

JD81

FUBIJAR
pilot
You have my deepest sympathies.

To quote another-

Aviation in itself is not inherently dangerous. But to an even greater degree than the sea, is terribly unforgiving of any carelessness, incapacity, or neglect.

God be with us all....

Josh