• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A-pool wait time?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Road Program

Hangin' on by the static wicks
None
I'm leaving for API in November. My orders say to report to N88 Students & TAR Trainees. Who the hell is N88? I'm used to N7 being training and readiness, and N8 being engineering...but that's all in the surface world. Thought it would be standard throughout the Navy.

Anyway, who am I reporting to? Tried with no luck to figure it out on my own.

Thanks.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Naval Aviation School's Command.

And I have no clue how big the A-Pool is these days, but when I left 2+ months ago, it was big and getting bigger. I reported last Nov and waited for 8 months (including IFS time).

Red2

E-2 NFO. WTI. DH.
None
I have no idea what N88 & TAR is. I've been here 3 months and have never heard it. So unless you are an unique case, here is the standard reporting procedure for API/A-Pool:

When you show up on base (it'll be November so be in SDBs) go to pass & tag and ask for a map. Go to the NASC building and get your orders stamped at the quarterdeck, then go to flight management and ask when/where they want you to muster for your indoc. It's usually 0730 on a Friday. Then they'll tell about how long the A-pool wait is. If you show up early you can either check into permanent quarters at the Q or check into transient quarters and look for a place off base.

I'm in IFS right now so I haven't mustered for A-pool in about a month but at the last muster it was at 500+ A-poolers. The wait depends on where you are going. Whiting is about 4-6 months. Corpus 2-3. If you volunteer for the Air Force primary you can start as soon as you finish IFS and BOLTC.

Mcaf

Do you have follow on orders?

If so, you'll probably get classed up pretty quickly.

The latest word passsed was that the order of precedence goes to Vance volunteers, Moody volunteers and then corpus volunteers and people such as myself with follow on orders to Whiting. The rest will kept in the pool for awhile. That info was passed this past Thurday.

Things change VERY quickly around here so you really never know, the mustering pool went from 500 to 180 in about 2 weeks so just be ready for anything.

Road Program

None
Do you know if retreads get into API quicker? I was talking to a fellow lateral transfer(er?ee?) this weekend who reported in June and started API right away. If it's going to be 8 months (!!!) I'll just try to get OHARP or get some TAD to a squadron or two.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
hey Road are you a FTS officer. I know that TAR is what FTS use to be called. But I don’t know why they would have you showing up to flight school to TAR officers, unless it stands for something else now??

Road Program

None
What the hell is FTS? I'm like everyone else here...USNR active duty (haven't augmented yet). I'll just check in at the quarterdeck and do what I'm told.

By the way, how long have you been on WASP? My roommate was on WASP right after he got commissioned, and I met a couple other guys from WASP this weekend.

Mal731

No! That is bad news! I put my name in for CC in hopes that I won't get sent to Vance! I've got my fingers crossed!

Mcaf said:
Exactly why they can't get anyone to Volunteer. One guy I know put his name in for CC and got orders to Vance.

Pags

N/A
pilot
Road Program said:
Do you know if retreads get into API quicker? I was talking to a fellow lateral transfer(er?ee?) this weekend who reported in June and started API right away. If it's going to be 8 months (!!!) I'll just try to get OHARP or get some TAD to a squadron or two.

As far as I've seen, A-Pool makes no discrimination based on rank. Also, if you're a pilot, you'll have to do IFS (unless you have your PPL) before you can be considered for API. Like someone else said, just show up to the NASC quarterdeck and they'll tell you where to go from there. Or you can just ask for Student Control at the quarterdeck.

At whiting they classed up the higher ranking SNAs before the ensigns, because they don't like to see JGs and LTs sitting around and gettting paid a lot to do nothing.

Pags

N/A
pilot
[QUOTE/] Same for O-2's. If you have to do IFS, you SHOULD (read... shooooooould) be able to get in and out, and on to class. [/QUOTE]

when i was in A-Pool, my advanced status didn't make one iota of difference. they told me TS, and it took me almost 4 mos from finishing IFS to start API.

Falcaner

DCA "Don't give up the ship"
Road,FTS is full time suport..what used to be called TAR. If you dont know what that is I wouldn't worry about it much. I actually just showed up to Norfolk and am waiting for the ship to return. But i am really looking forward to it.( yes I am looking forward to being a SWO I must be crazy!)

Mcaf

I met an LT on Monday who just got here, and now he's gone. Poof!! Makes me think they probably sent him straight to NOMI this week. Just guessing though (he had mentioned they were probably push him through). Everything here is maybe, so be ready to react to changes quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.