• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A Sin And A Shame...

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Came across this story earlier today.

Its a sin and a shame that there are people who would do that to a little girl. What's awesome about the story is how she handled all of the abuse. Took it better than I would have I think.

Cheers,
Bubba

Herc_Dude

I believe nicotine + caffeine = protein
pilot
Contributor
TheBubba said:
Came across this story earlier today.

Its a sin and a shame that there are people who would do that to a little girl. What's awesome about the story is how she handled all of the abuse. Took it better than I would have I think.

Cheers,
Bubba

Very amazing. Its a culture that we will always have a very hard time figuring out and a culture that we should not support or tolerate. I hope there are thousands more stories like this of people getting a chance to get away from lives such as these. We can learn a lot about her resolve and amazing attitude through it all. It seems that people today can use many excuses from their childhood to justify their actions later in life. Things much simpiler and benign than this, by far, are accepted excuses for actions. Kids who are 'bullied' can shoot up a school and, while it is not accepted, it is still viewed as a legitimate reason for them doing such a thing. Just an example I wanted to throw out there. I wish her the best with the rest of her life. Hope we all can learn something from this and make something good from her suffering.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Brett327 said:
Who are we to judge other cultures?

Brett

anim_lol.gif

sevenhelmet

Low calorie attack from the Heartland
pilot
I don't think that family was indicative of any culture I've ever heard of. Not that certain Muslim sects aren't vindictive toward their women, but looking at the story it seems like even the people in her neighborhood were apalled by what happened (although it DOES say something that nobody went to the police or whomever...)

And people act like there's nothing worth fighting for...