• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

A World without America

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor

18DoughtyStreet.com, Britain’s first political web tv station, has launched a two minute viral campaign to combat growing anti-Americanism across Britain and Europe.
The two minute campaign that has been posted on and is being distributed across Britain via email paints a world that would be less free, less healthy and less prosperous if America had never existed.
Through five fictional news reports from the 1950s onwards it portrays a world dominated by Soviet Russia and warns that much of the world’s prosperity and medical advances would have been lost.
From DefenseTech.org

Interestingly they credit the US for the liberation of the Falklands...

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Interestingly they credit the US for the liberation of the Falklands...

We brokered some covert deals for them with our S. American allies that saved their asses on more than one occasion, among other things.

Brett

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
.....Interestingly they credit the US for the liberation of the Falklands...
Whichever side we supported in the Falklands was gonna win ... it was touch & go for much of the fight for the Brits militarily ... they "won" .... overall .... because of our support.

But then, when it comes right down to it ... how could we not support the British???

snake020

Contributor
Those fictional news reports would be more accurate if they had been written in German or Russian.

phrogpilot73

'cause in a world without america, there wouldn't be a britian.
Huh? Seems to me the RAF (albeit with a bunch of US pilots) did quite nicely in the battle of Britain. If you're referencing the idea that the US stopped Hitler in Europe, than maybe so... I think Hitler stopped Hitler more than us, if he hadn't have decided to move to a two-front war by attacking Russia, he probably could have grown unchecked.

JBM

Gainfully Employeed
None
England was falling out of the war due to the wolf pack U-boat squadrons. Had it not been for the liberty ships and US aid, England would have had to pull out of the war.

Lawman

None
Your all missing the most important invention for the World that we Americans graciously created, the push up bra.

BlackDog421

Life's a garden. Dig it.
Huh? Seems to me the RAF (albeit with a bunch of US pilots) did quite nicely in the battle of Britain. If you're referencing the idea that the US stopped Hitler in Europe, than maybe so... I think Hitler stopped Hitler more than us, if he hadn't have decided to move to a two-front war by attacking Russia, he probably could have grown unchecked.

If Hitler had gained control of Europe, Britain wouldn't have lasted long.
Your right about the two-front war though.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
'cause in a world without america, there wouldn't be a britian.

Um I think you meant without Britain there would be no America. We owe much of our success as a nation to the institutions and culture of the British Empire.

raptor10

Philosoraptor
Contributor
Um I think you meant without Britain there would be no America. We owe much of our success as a nation to the institutions and culture of the British Empire.

Without the 300 Spartans at the battle of Thermopylae we'd all be Islamofascists...:D

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor

Elderly British lady who owns a bookstore near my grandparents home likes to remind us all when we are up there for the fourth that "You couldn't have done it without us. :)"

phrogpilot73

Or, you could flip it around and say without FRANCE there would be no America... While they came in late in the Revolution, they did assist us...