• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Adhsb

robav8r

None
Contributor
After the blood has been cleaned up following this years Aviation DH screen board, I was wondering if anyone has any data/numbers for next years board? I'm hearing that the Navy's wonderful IA program is/will have an effect on the number of YG 97 guys available for the June '07 board. I'm also hearing the opt-in/opt-out procedure for next year will be even more strict than this years board. Anywho, looking for any intel you might have.

Ciao,

hscs

pilot
Not really sure how the IA thing affects the board -- your record will still go to the board no matter what you are doing. All of the boards now have an IA portion to the precept where it talks about how being on an IA shall not affect the board's opinion of a person, especially since the IA will prevent a person from obtaining certain milestones (like an OOD letter).

robav8r

None
Contributor
I was referring to the retention of those aviators who might decide to punch out rather than subject themselves to an IA.

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I was referring to the retention of those aviators who might decide to punch out rather than subject themselves to an IA.

Some guys I know who have done that have received a lovely parting gift in the form of an IA. Right or wrong, it's out there, so factor that in to your decision-making process.

Brett