• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

ADM Keating takes flak over comments on assisting Chinese with aircraft carriers

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Admiral Keating's remarks to Chinese on possibility of assisting them with their aircraft carrier development plans is drawing criticism and talk of violating Congressional mandate against military exchanges.

pennst8

Next guy to ask about thumbdrives gets shot.
Contributor
Wtfo

Why the fvck would we want to help the Chinese build aircraft carriers? Their interests are clearly not aligned with our own... they steal our sh!t all the time, engage in unfair trade, fly into our spy planes, etc etc.

These are the same guys who run over people with tanks and we want to help them build a carrier.

eddie

Working Plan B
Contributor
Maybe the thinking is, if we help them build blue-water capability (it would be highly limited), then we'll have a better chance at influencing, or mitigating various policies of theirs. :confused:

Personally, I would have FIRST expected plans to help some other Asian nation skirt around some "paper work" and "refit" some other vessels...

A "Helicopter Destroyer"
ddh-succession_index32.jpg

Hmmm...

This "Light" Cruiser eventually had an aircraft deck...

mogami1944_2.jpg

Hmmmmmmmmm...

HeyJoe

Fly Navy! ...or USMC
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Maybe the thinking is, if we help them build blue-water capability (it would be highly limited), then we'll have a better chance at influencing, or mitigating various policies of theirs. :confused:

or it would help justify keeping own own blue water Navy at current or at an increased level (subs and carriers)

Reminds of how USAF keeps going to India with F-15 and/or F-16 and getting spanked....then cries out for F-22

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
or it would help justify keeping own own blue water Navy at current or at an increased level (subs and carriers)

Reminds of how USAF keeps going to India with F-15 and/or F-16 and getting spanked....then cries out for F-22

Interesting.

HH-60H

Manager
pilot
Contributor
UInavy said:
Huh? I think he's referring to the high frequency of tactical updates and new reccomendations.

I didn't know quite what he was getting at, but I was trying to make a joke.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
I would like to see a life size mockup of a Chinese aircraft carrier in Dixie Valley. Now watch some contractor use my idea and make a gazillion dollars.