• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice/input needed!

snugglebear

I am applying for SNA via OCS with a 54 7,8,7 ASTB, good rec's, lots of leadership/sports/volunteering/etc/ I feel it is a pretty solid package except for this one snag...I had to leave a federal service academy my 1/c year (senior) because of an alcohol incident. On my DD214 my separation code is BHK. My reenlist code was entered as N/A. I am graduating with a B.S. (3.8) from one of the State Maritime Academies this spring and I am a cadet in the regiment. I was allowed to resign rather than be disenrolled, so should I just say that I resigned? Or should I go into a lot of detail about the incident, how I learned from it, and how it has made me better, etc? My recruiter wants me to outline every single detail and submit multiple statements but I feel that I should not dwell on a glaring negative. I am not trying to sweep anything under the rug, yet it seems foolish to elaborate on details that they don't know about.....Any suggestions?

Tomodachi

pilot
I believe the DD-214 is included in the OCS package. Once they see the BHK code they will want to know the details. If the details are not included in your package they will question your INTEGRITY because you are trying to cover it up. Definitely tell the truth in your package, there are guys that have been accepted SNA slots with DUI's and alcohol related incidents, just do a search for that stuff. Better to tell the truth than them uncover it for you.

OnTopTime

ROBO TACCO
None
Sep code BHK = Unsuitability/Substandard Performance. You will need to address this. Not dwell on it, but directly, clearly, concisely explain what happened and what you learned from it. Then make the rest of the package as SH as possible.