• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfulm92

I'm a Junior in highschool and planning to join the navy to become a pilot. Any advice on paths and what i need to do to start planning would be nice

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
I'm a Junior in highschool and planning to join the navy to become a pilot. Any advice on paths and what i need to do to start planning would be nice

See the search function up there ^ ? Search for key words like "BDCP" "OCS". There are many threads on here that cover all of that stuff.

Picaroon

Helos
pilot
Get good grades wherever you go. Do a few things that you enjoy (sports, volunteering, clubs, extracurriculars, it doesn't matter what) in college.

You can go 3 basic routes:
NROTC
Academy
OCS / BDCP

Good luck. Grades, man. GPA is big.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
My biggest piece of advice is to research ALL of your options:

USNA

NROTC

OCS / BDCP

all have different advantages and disadvantages. If you want to go to the Naval Academy apply, and then apply to all of the other programs out there.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Before someone shoots you in the face, here's the deal: someone starts one of these vague "I want to fly, any advice?" threads every week. Go read the threads on here, especially the stickied threads on OCS and the flight program, and read the ROE. Do some research on your own, then come back and ask any specific questions.

Mods, can we close this down before it gets stupid?

60flyer

Now a C-12 pilot
pilot
Contributor

Something to get you started:
Do you only want to be a pilot or just be in the Navy? If you only want to be a pilot, go for BDCP/OCS. If you don't get your pilot slot - no biggie - you're not obligated to anything. If you go Academy or ROTC then you take what you can get.

Ken_gone_flying

"I live vicariously through myself."
pilot
Contributor
Something to get you started:
Do you only want to be a pilot or just be in the Navy? If you only want to be a pilot, go for BDCP/OCS. If you don't get your pilot slot - no biggie - you're not obligated to anything. If you go Academy or ROTC then you take what you can get.

For BDCP you know if you get pilot from the start, like OCS?

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
....Mods, can we close this down before it gets stupid?
Yes .... nothing to look at here.

lockedt.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.