• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aerobatics in P-cola

insanebikerboy

Internet killed the television star
pilot
None
Contributor
Anyone know of FBO's or airports or schools in the Pcola/Mobile/Destin area that have aerobatic planes for rent? Seeing as I'm flyin' the H-57 now, it's kind of hard to fly upside down, and that was my favorite part of primary! Thanks.

Crowbar

None
Try calling Coastal. I remember seeing a Citabria or two there, but I don't know who owns them or if they let anyone rent them.

Single Seat

Average member
pilot
None
Anyone know of FBO's or airports or schools in the Pcola/Mobile/Destin area that have aerobatic planes for rent? Seeing as I'm flyin' the H-57 now, it's kind of hard to fly upside down, and that was my favorite part of primary! Thanks.

You obviously wern't very good at it.

(Sorry, but that one was just to good to pass up. Much love to my helo bretheren out there, anyone that knows me knows that was a joke)

e6bflyer

Used to Care
pilot
You obviously wern't very good at it.

(Sorry, but that one was just to good to pass up. Much love to my helo bretheren out there, anyone that knows me knows that was a joke)

Good joke, I love to poke fun at the rotortards too, but for Insanebikerboy, his lack of skill had nothing to do with his helo selection. It had more to do with his giant legs. Just setting the record straight, I am not totally gay for him or anything.

phrogpilot73

Just setting the record straight, I am totally gay for him.
Edited for correctness... :D

The plane you want to fly is the Diamond Katana. You can rent them for $100 an hour at Mobile Downtown, here's the link: http://www.flyftm.com/rentals.php

It's not allowed to do full aerobatics, but it is spin certified. It's about the closest you can get without paying an arm and a leg...

While flying helos, remember the mantra - "Keep the spinning side up and the leaking side down"

mules83

getting salty...
pilot
Try calling Coastal. I remember seeing a Citabria or two there, but I don't know who owns them or if they let anyone rent them.

Except for the soaring club there, there isnt any other operations. The airport owner has driven them all away. The bellanca scout (which looks like a citabria) is used to tow the gliders. I towed there when I was going through api and primary. Not the best plane to go inverted in but it can be done....