• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Afghanistan Reporting

getawaydriver

What percentage get LCS?
The NYT expose is awesome.

For those interested as well, I suggest watching today's (18OCT2009) episode of Fareed Zakaria's GPS (CNN).

He interviewed Thomas Ricks about the evolution of Taliban ground tactics in recent engagements with the US. Very interesting from a tactical and company level stand point and a solid interview. The program is at 1300 and 1700 EST and the interviews are, afterwards, posted on the GPS website at CNN.

As background, Ricks reported on defense matters with the WSJ and is now with the Washington Post. He has written the books: Making the Corps (fucking awesome), Fiasco and Gamble.

If the interview is posted at the website I will post. Thanks for the link to Dexter Filkin's piece. I highly, highly, highly recommend his book The Forever War. It was impossible to put down and it is incredibly visceral and enlightening.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
Just when I've almost given up on the mainstream media, a really outstanding piece like this comes along... or two pieces. (Took forever to me to read, what with ADD and yard work :) )

Thanks for the links.

Mos

None
Thanks for the great reading. Michael Totten is another independent reporter that has written some good stuff, one of the few reporters who wasn't afraid last year to report that the surge was actually working in much of Iraq. http://www.michaeltotten.com/