• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Age Waiver at TBS

Yankee Uniform Tango
Hey gents, follow up to my thread from a few months ago - I'm only a few weeks from MOS assignment at TBS and turns out only myself and one other person in the entire company are actually physically eligible for the one competitive pilot spot (I'm still at 20/15 all these years later!). I'm the only one who has a pilot license and actual practical aviation experience (law enforcement + aircraft owner).

I'm desperately trying to get an age waiver, as unlikely as it might be - I'm hoping my high PFT, experience and long story (applying since 2008, etc.) might help. I called HQMC Aviation and spoke with a F-18 pilot/former MAG CO who said "Holy shit, man!" but also said that there's always a chance.

My SPC is unsure how to go about the age waiver process, however. My MCAA contacts said TBS routes the waiver to TECOM at Quantico, which then goes to DCA at HQMC. Does anyone have experience with this?

Also does anyone have the actual age waiver form? Or is it just a memo type thing?

Any advice is appreciated!

Swanee

Cereal Killer
pilot
None
Contributor
Here is what I would do:

Generate a Naval Letter Format letter from yourself to the DCA requesting the age waiver. Have endorsements from your company commander, TBS CO, TECOM, to DCA.

Make it easy for them to concur and move it forward.

You could ask the TBS Adj for help, just let your SPC know you're going that route.

Good luck.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
I don't know that exact process. Maybe take a look at the most recent Field Assession Board MARADMIN, and download some of the references and search for age waiver. Could point you to the exact process.

Good luck!

Odominable

PILOT HMSD TRACK FAIL
pilot
Hey man,

Like others have said it never hurts to ask. If you need a starting point for an admin form shoot me a DM and I’ll get you a template.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hey gents, follow up to my thread from a few months ago - I'm only a few weeks from MOS assignment at TBS and turns out only myself and one other person in the entire company are actually physically eligible for the one competitive pilot spot (I'm still at 20/15 all these years later!). I'm the only one who has a pilot license and actual practical aviation experience (law enforcement + aircraft owner).

I'm desperately trying to get an age waiver, as unlikely as it might be - I'm hoping my high PFT, experience and long story (applying since 2008, etc.) might help. I called HQMC Aviation and spoke with a F-18 pilot/former MAG CO who said "Holy shit, man!" but also said that there's always a chance.

My SPC is unsure how to go about the age waiver process, however. My MCAA contacts said TBS routes the waiver to TECOM at Quantico, which then goes to DCA at HQMC. Does anyone have experience with this?

Also does anyone have the actual age waiver form? Or is it just a memo type thing?

Any advice is appreciated!

If in doubt just follow the correspondence manual.

To: Whoever decides your fate
Via: Your Chain of Command

Subj: AGE WAIVER WAIVER / ETP ICO ME

Refs:

Encl: (only add if you plan to include enclosures)

1. State your case.