• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AIDS vaccine fails

MasterBates

The study gave the shot to fags and hookers. People where were likely to get the HIV anyways.

And the control group had LESS get AIDS.

WVUBetaHornet

Sweep the leg..
Yeah I read it...but likely doesn't necessarily always mean
that it's set in stone, either way...sucks to be you! :icon_tong

haubby

None
Contributor
I wonder what sort of incentive there was to be apart of this. I couldnt possibly fathom thinking "Hey i'll be apart of this, inject me with HIV..I'll do my part for mankind" As for as I'm concerned they got what they deserved for agreeing to be apart of this failed experiement. I bet they signed waivers saying that if infected with HIV and unable to be cured, Merck isnt responsible for any monetary relief or can be sued. But I'm sure they'll get the cocktail...free...for life

FUPaladin

couldabeen
The way I read it, I don't think it means that they got HIV from the vaccine. So there was no risk just from being part of the experiment. They all got HIV in another way, and the vaccine failed to prevent it.

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Did anyone besides me read the article?

Reading comprehension people, don't they teach that in school anymore? If you read the article you would note that it was an international study and was geared towards high risk people, they specifically noted gay people and hookers. So, this was probably given to Thai hookers and gay dudes who randomly have sex with strangers in a bathroom stall in Johannesburg. People whose risk of getting AIDS is sky high anyways.

All the vaccine did was fail to prevent these people from getting AIDS, nothing else. The numbers from the control group and the study group were close enough to show that the vaccine did not cause it. A possibly promising treatment that has not panned out.

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
Funny thing is .... Merck & Co.'s stock went UP today .... :D .... why yes, I guess there IS a God. :eek: