• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aiming for SNA

FSUguy2024

Hello all, so I’m trying to get into navy OCS on a SNA contract and have started working with a recruiter. I have a 6/6 on my ASTB ( from my understanding the SNA’s only need the AQR and PFAR). My recruiter said and I quote “ those aren’t great scores but they are competitive”. I’m sort of confused. I’ve used all 3 tries. Got a 4/6 first time. Same thing the second with a higher FOFAR and a 6/6 the third time around. I’m worried about my scores as this can hurt me long term. Any advice?

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
All you can do is apply and see if you are accepted. Keep trying to improve in other areas and reapply. Can't change the ASTB anymore.

Uncle Fester

Robot Pimp
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
I’m worried about my scores as this can hurt me long term. Any advice?
I’m not sure how you mean “long term.” ASTB scores only matter when you’re applying for selection for the program (thus the “S” in ASTB). Once you’re in, your scores will never matter again. If your recruiter says that’s competitive, may as well go for it.

FormerRecruitingGuru

Making Recruiting Great Again
Hello all, so I’m trying to get into navy OCS on a SNA contract and have started working with a recruiter. I have a 6/6 on my ASTB ( from my understanding the SNA’s only need the AQR and PFAR). My recruiter said and I quote “ those aren’t great scores but they are competitive”. I’m sort of confused. I’ve used all 3 tries. Got a 4/6 first time. Same thing the second with a higher FOFAR and a 6/6 the third time around. I’m worried about my scores as this can hurt me long term. Any advice?

Welcome to the forums, kindly suggest you check out the various aviation OCS board threads to see where you stack. As a heads up, the "new guy/gal" posts here are frowned upon here and there's already a ton of information at your disposal. Good luck!