• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Fiesta 2007

Rasczak

Marine
This is a decent sized air show that comes down to my area every year. Anyone on here part of the demo teams coming down?

East

东部
Contributor
Airshow Aircrews

Was always part of an aircrew during my active career, but nope, no longer there. Good comradery among aircrews from various countries.
Kiwi's and Aussies were the best, they really know how to party. Always got nice female F/A's too...
Is there anyone on this board who's part of a demo aircrew anyway?

Well, civil Aircrews aren't bad either...

Attachments

• KLC1.jpg
    KLC1.jpg
    397.4 KB · Views: 169
  • KLC2.jpg
    KLC2.jpg
    332.8 KB · Views: 144
  • Coolbox.JPG
    Coolbox.JPG
    55.1 KB · Views: 160

Intruder Driver

All Weather Attack
pilot
Recommendation to current and future aviators: volunteer for airshows, even if it's only a static display. They are the best. Especially in a city that doesn't have a military presence.

MasterBates

Oh hell yes..

Bag strikes are normally authorized (or at least tolerated).

Airshow = good deal for you.

Now you poor married guys that go, either:

1- Be a good wingman to your single buddies
or
2- STFU (aka, don't be a "blocker")

NavAir42

I'm not dead yet....
pilot
I cannot stress how cool airshows are. I got to go to one in Iowa as part of my cross country while in Primary. It's probably the only time you will ever be a rock star. No kidding you will probably be asked to sign autographs for kids and take lots of pictures with people. While we were in town I had several people offer to buy me and the other guy I was with drinks when they heard we flew our dinky little T-34's in for the airshow. It might not be the same everywhere, but it sure was a good deal in Davenport.

Also keep your eyes out for a tent sponsored by Red Bull that follows the Blues around. Free drinks and food for any of the aircrews.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I've flown into Sun 'N Fun on the civilian side. It's a kick in the butt to be flying w/ so many other airplanes and no one talking on the radio.

skidkid

CAS Czar
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Recommendation to current and future aviators: volunteer for airshows, even if it's only a static display. They are the best. Especially in a city that doesn't have a military presence.

only Static Display? Static display is the better deal, you can drink all night and all you have to do is stand around and make up answers to stupid questions. If ever given a choice between flying and static display take the static display easier on the drinking and you can make some initial contacts to meet at the club later.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
There are many of us P-3 guys that have "qualified" during static displays at airshows. Those racks can be used for more then crew rest.......

Salinas 1987....a great time.....

rare21

pilot
Contributor
damn its expensive for tickets there nowadays, its ten bucks advanced and 15 at the gate. when i was a kid air fiesta was affordable.

Rasczak

Marine
yea, even a few years back it was cheap. I'm going to assume the CAF is hard up for money these days though.

phrogpilot73

only Static Display? Static display is the better deal, you can drink all night and all you have to do is stand around and make up answers to stupid questions. If ever given a choice between flying and static display take the static display easier on the drinking and you can make some initial contacts to meet at the club later.
Agree wholeheartedly with skidkid on this one. Did the one in Beaufort twice, and with all the aircrew parties and what-not, the Phrog crews for the MAGTF demo were looking at us with a pathetic look on their face as we were drinking our faces off and they were inside their 12 hours. Hell, you don't even have to be sober/not hung over when you man your aircraft. Just pound water and aspirin to be ready for the remainder of the evening.

As for made up answers, here are some of the favorites I've told kids (WAY more gullible than adults):
Yes, the triggers on the Cyclic are for our rockets. (I really didn't think they wanted to hear "1st detent is ICS, 2nd detent is radio)
Pitot Tubes are machine guns
Cargo rollers are for bombs

And my all time favorite:
The Optical Sensor Converters for the AAR-47 are actually scanners that read the passengers ID cards so we have an updated manifest. After I said that one, the kids father looked at me and said "Seriously?"

Flash

SEVAL/ECMO
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Agree wholeheartedly with skidkid on this one. Did the one in Beaufort twice, and with all the aircrew parties and what-not, the Phrog crews for the MAGTF demo were looking at us with a pathetic look on their face as we were drinking our faces off and they were inside their 12 hours. Hell, you don't even have to be sober/not hung over when you man your aircraft. Just pound water and aspirin to be ready for the remainder of the evening.

As for made up answers, here are some of the favorites I've told kids (WAY more gullible than adults):
Yes, the triggers on the Cyclic are for our rockets. (I really didn't think they wanted to hear "1st detent is ICS, 2nd detent is radio)
Pitot Tubes are machine guns
Cargo rollers are for bombs

And my all time favorite:
The Optical Sensor Converters for the AAR-47 are actually scanners that read the passengers ID cards so we have an updated manifest. After I said that one, the kids father looked at me and said "Seriously?"

The fuel probe on a Prowler, it is actually a laser cannon and the nose is painted with a radiation symbol becasue that is where the nuclear reactor for the laser is (if your squadron still paints it on).........airshows are a great time.........

ea6b_4.jpg