• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air Force missileers asleep on duty

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2008/US/07/24/missile.error/index.htmlWow. Again. Lots of black eyes in the last year for Minot and all about serious stuff.
Not a problem, as the AF has been "dealing" w/ this "best & brightest" cadre of people for a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong time.

On of my A-6 B/N's could NOT get picked up for LT, i.e., O-3 .... so he Xferred to the AF and became a silo commander in North Dakota.

The Peter Principle at its finest. :)

Flugelman

Contributor
Not a problem, as the AF has been "dealing" w/ this "best & brightest" cadre of people for a lo-o-o-o-o-o-ong time.

On of my A-6 B/N's could NOT get picked up for LT, i.e., O-3 .... so he Xferred to the AF and became a silo commander in North Dakota.

The Peter Principle at its finest. :)

That's really funny because my DivO at AIMD, CC was an ex AF 1st Lt silo puke. He was an AMDO.:)

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
There HAD to be a story there!
Oh, yes ... oh, yes there is .... do you want the short version ... or the "fun" version???

P.S. ... I may have to repondez s'il vous plait (that's Frenchie) at a later time ... as I'm heavily into CUBI SPECIALS even though it's not Friday .... yet. :)

Pugs

Back from the range
None
Oh, yes ... oh, yes there is .... do you want the short version ... or the "fun" version???

Wouldn't the lime content make it more fun? I would join you but work tomorrow despite my best effort to avoid it.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
You have to work at it real hard or get caught in bed with the CO's wife to FOS O-3. :)

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
"Would someone turn off the ringer on that goddam red phone? I'm trying to sleep here!"

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Makes me really not want to be in that line of work...those guys are always in the news and always getting in trouble, it seems. That being said, secure materials are always an easy ticket to trouble "Who left the safe open?!"

FlyinSpy

Mongo only pawn, in game of life...
Contributor
"Would someone turn off the ringer on that goddam red phone? I'm trying to sleep here!"

What's the big deal here? Klaxon goes off, you wake up, rub the sleep out of your eyes, authenticate your message, turn your key, go back to sleep / await imminent destruction. Piece-o-cake.

FLYTPAY

Pro-Rec Fighter Pilot
pilot
None
What did you do to the kid to make him to the BN to silo commander transition?:D.......COULDN'T MAKE O-3???? WHAT AN IDIOT.

armada1651

Hey intern, get me a Campari!
pilot
Seriously, can we just give the AF back to the Army already? How much more proof do we need that running a branch of the military like a business DOES NOT WORK?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you read the story, it doesn't sound like what the guys did was that big a deal - they weren't even on duty.

Brett