• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Air National Guard

xmid

pilot
Contributor
I was talking to some SC ANG guys this weekend and it got me to thinking... Is it possible for a guy to go from ANG to Navy AD? These guys were viper drivers and I was wondering what the procedure would be if one of them wanted to cross over. They wouldnt make you go through primary and everything over again would they? Would you just do FRS and then go to your new squadron, while retaining your rank or what? Does anyone know of this has ever been done?

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
It happens a hell of a lot more the other way around. In any case, you go to the RAG after the interservice transfer and everything remains pretty much the same.

FrankTheTank

Professional Pot Stirrer
pilot
Why would you want to give up a sweet guard job for Navy AD? Imagine it could happen but I dare bet NOONE has ever even remotely asked the question... Now join the ANG after Navy... There is a GOOD deal! :)

xmid

pilot
Contributor
Those guys weren't thinking about it, it just made me curious as to whether it ever happened. The whole ANG deal sounded awesome, but I think I would rather be AD at some point.