• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircraft down in Florida?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Changed the title of your thread since you don't actually know what plane it was.

phrogpilot73

Although it is a mishap they do have a picture of the pilot parachuting down.
A picture of the pilot parachuting is not privileged. Neither is a picture of the crash site, ejection seat, etc... What makes a photo privileged is if it indicates something the AMB wants to focus on (like using a pen to point something out), or if it shows instrumentation that could lead to theory/speculation about what happened.

statesman

Shut up woman... get on my horse.
pilot
Does that include situations where the picture was taken by a civilian and published in the media?

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Yes, in that it's not privilege. Pictures taken by a third party can become privileged, but they aren't privileged by default.

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
Yes, in that it's not privilege. Pictures taken by a third party can become privileged, but they aren't privileged by default.

So a picture can become privileged even if its out in the media if it shows something that the board thinks is worth delving into? How do we (masses not on the AMB) deal with something like that until the report comes out? I'm guessing its as simple as just not speculating and not furthering the spread of the relevant material.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
So a picture can become privileged even if its out in the media if it shows something that the board thinks is worth delving into? How do we (masses not on the AMB) deal with something like that until the report comes out? I'm guessing its as simple as just not speculating and not furthering the spread of the relevant material.

The AMB may utilize what's in the public domain and do something to it to make their point (some sort of enhancement or Chyron addition). So it technically won't be the same thing the public has. Basically, don't worry about. If it's on CNN, you can post it here.

fc2spyguy

loving my warm and comfy 214 blanket
pilot
Contributor
Unless it's copyrighted, then just post the link.

(This public service announcement is brought to you courtesy of HeyJoe's copyright enforcement team ......)

Huh, apparently that doesn't apply to A4s and Cat, because we all know there is no way in hell they can read that.