• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Aircraft Static Display

ltedb

Boarding Group 4
I am the airport operations manager at Montrose Regional Airport Colorado and would like announce an event the airport is hosting in September. The airport is hosting a one day airport appreciation open house on 9/11 and will be requesting military static display aircraft. Our airport is on the Western Slope of Colorado and serves Telluride. The event will provide lodging, transportation, party,food and beverage for aircrew attending. We welcome all Air Warriors as this looks to be a good time. Please respond with any questions, I am the POC for the event. Thanks ltedb

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Have you registered your event w/ the various military public affairs offices? Often times military aircraft can't go to displays/shows if they haven't already been pre-approved by their service. For example, for the Navy, CHINFO approves all public displays of aircraft. Below is the link to their airshow area:

http://www.navy.mil/navco/display.asp?page=aviation.html

ltedb

Boarding Group 4
Thank you for the reply and good information; we sent a request to CHINFO and it was approved. I am hoping two months out is enough advanced notice for anyone who wishes to attend. My plan is to put together an information sheet providing event details and activities for aircrew to send out to individual squadrons this week. Hopefully there will be some interest out there as I understand participation is on a volunteer basis.

ltedb

Boarding Group 4
Thank you for looking the event up on the calendar. The event is on Saturday which will leave Sunday open for some fun in the mountains; the organizing committee is working on some activities now. Telluride is about an hour and twenty minutes from Montrose so it will make for a fun weekend. I am hopeful we can interest some folks.

FlyBoyd

Out to Pasture
pilot
Thank you for looking the event up on the calendar. The event is on Saturday which will leave Sunday open for some fun in the mountains; the organizing committee is working on some activities now. Telluride is about an hour and twenty minutes from Montrose so it will make for a fun weekend. I am hopeful we can interest some folks.

SSSHHHHHHHH!!! I think you are mistaken. The event is Saturday AND Sunday. If the military planes can depart Sunday, they will:)