• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airlift Pilots

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
Back in 2000, I unfortunetly spent some time learning Air Force logistics during a military excercise in S. Korea. From what I remember, the Air Force partakes in strategic and tactical airlift missions. Strategic implies just that with C-5's, C-17's, C-130's, C-141's, etc, taking part in the large airlift mission. What COD's do would be what they call tactical airlift. Usually conducted within the theatre of operations, defined in a specific area. Translate that to the navy and the C-2 would be the aircraft, though our airfield constantly moves throught the water.

Fly Navy

...Great Job!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Back in 2000, I unfortunetly spent some time learning Air Force logistics during a military excercise in S. Korea. From what I remember, the Air Force partakes in strategic and tactical airlift missions. Strategic implies just that with C-5's, C-17's, C-130's, C-141's, etc, taking part in the large airlift mission. What COD's do would be what they call tactical airlift. Usually conducted within the theatre of operations, defined in a specific area. Translate that to the navy and the C-2 would be the aircraft, though our airfield constantly moves throught the water.

C-130s and C-17s also conduct tactical airlift right?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
C-130s and C-17s also conduct tactical airlift right?

In fact, before the AF realigned things a bit and changed command names, you could find Chuck 130s in both the Tactical Air Command (TAC) and the strat lift Military Airlift Command (MAC).