• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Airshow accident claims Jimmy Franklin, Bobby Younkin

Taildragger

API-bound!
http://start.shaw.ca/start/enca/news/NationalNewsArticle.htm?&src=n071151A.xml
I dunno if any of yall have heard of what happened just a few days ago, but two great airshow performers, Jimmy Franklin and Bobby Younkin, were killed during their airshow performance in a midair collision. I have seen the performance they were doing, called "Masters of Disaster," several times before and it includes another aircraft, flown by Jim LeRoy, and a jet truck... For those of yall who have heard of Jim Franklin and Bobby Younkin, you know just how good those guys were. Tragic accident, sad to see two great legends go that way.

gregsivers

damn homeowners' associations
pilot
I think they were in Pcola in Nov last year for the Blues homecoming show, if it was them it was a great show. The video of the midair is really sad.

HooverPilot

CODPilot
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
It may be an old thread, but you gotta give her props for doing a search before posting!