• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

AirVenture 2006

zuggerat

hey everyone, well after about 14 hours worth of travel and delays i finally got home after oshkosh 2k6.

it was amazing, unbelievable amount of aircraft, incredible displays of airmanship, and enormous crowds of people (i heard numbers of up to 1,000,000 people). its an experience that every aviation lover should take part in.

--they say that muslims go to mecca, but aviation junkies go to oshkosh--

i cant explain to you in words how amazing it really was. ive uploaded bunch of pictures, but ive got 450+ in total so if u wanna see something specific lemme know, chances are i got it on camera haha.

dsc00330af3.jpg

dsc00334gp9.jpg

that one is for A4s
dsc00339ge1.jpg

dsc00359bg2.jpg

dsc00394xf0.jpg

a lil something for you FJ Fury freaks
dsc00410hx5.jpg

dsc00450fi1.jpg

making love to a DC3
dsc00461jh2.jpg

dsc00475xh4.jpg

dsc00526ez0.jpg

dsc00550io1.jpg

dsc00745hz9.jpg

dsc00769by7.jpg

dsc00733hj0.jpg

sorry i went a lil crazy with the pics... if anyone wants more just lemme know ill post them

zuggerat

Zugg-

Good job with the pics. Any weird helo or helo-like aircraft there?

they had this micro helo... kinda looked like a glorified robinson R22... just for scale the guy in the picture is about 5'4"... im about 6'2" so when i stand next to it the main roter is a few inches above my head

dsc00427fx5.jpg

JIMMY

Great pics! looks like u had a good time. I went last year for the first time and it was AMAZING. wanted to go really bad this year, but it didnt happen.

get to meet any of the greats?

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Great Mohawk shot. I love ugly airplanes. That's one of my favorites.

zuggerat

Great pics! looks like u had a good time. I went last year for the first time and it was AMAZING. wanted to go really bad this year, but it didnt happen.

get to meet any of the greats?

nah i wanted to meet chuck yeager or something but i dont think he showed... i heard he blew off a lil kid so i was kind of annoyed at that... i did get to see patty wagstaff up close tho that was pretty sick

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
What was that "bug" lookin' airplane with the dual props just after the P-51's? Looks like a VW with propellers! Kinda cool.

It's like an E2/CH-46/EA-6B/mini-V22 hybrid!

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
Jboomer, that's the Mohawk I was talking about earlier. I actually saw one do a demo with some Vietnam aviation re-enactor organization. Very cool performance. I'm too tired to find the link to their site now. They do a show with the Mohawk, a Cobra, 2 Hueys, and some other stuff.

Goober, the P-3 still isn't ugly enough for me, but it's my ride...

A4sForever

BTDT OLD GUY
pilot
Contributor
GREAT PIX !!! Once before you die ... everyone interested in and passionate about aviation needs to go to Oshkosh. It is the best.

I always thought the Mohawk looked like a prop version of the A-6. :) They "relieved" us in the Gulf when the DEA started flying them in the early-mid '80's ....

FlytheBall

Maybe, maybe not, maybe go fvck yourself.
pilot
nah i wanted to meet chuck yeager or something but i dont think he showed... i heard he blew off a lil kid so i was kind of annoyed at that... i did get to see patty wagstaff up close tho that was pretty sick

I met Yeager before at Cabelas in West Virginia and I must say that he didnt seem very nice. I mean, i know hes old and everything and if you read his books you can tell the kind of person he is, but I must say I was a little disappointed. I dont even think he said hello to me. Oh well, at least he looks happy in the picture i got with him...of course the girl I got to take it for me didnt hold the camera still and its a little fuzzy.......once in a lifetime photo and its pretty much crap, gotta love it.

zuggerat

GREAT PIX !!! Once before you die ... everyone interested in and passionate about aviation needs to go to Oshkosh. It is the best.

I always thought the Mohawk looked like a prop version of the A-6. :) They "relieved" us in the Gulf when the DEA started flying them in the early-mid '80's ....

A4s here's some more mohawk pics...

dsc00361st9.jpg

dsc00362cd5.jpg

no fansy-smancy LCD displays in there...