• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Al-Sadr resurfaces

Kickflip89

Below Ladder
None
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/05/25/iraq.main/index.html

He is calling on his Mehdi army to stop fighting against Iraqi troops / police, calling for peace between Sunnis and Shias, etc.

I am a little too ignorant of Iraq to suggest he may actually be turning towards playing a "positive role" in the reconciliation and reconstruction, but one can certainly hope!

On the other hand, the secret agency in the Iraqi government that is supposedly looking out for the majority Shiite interests could have something to do with putting up a front of reconciliation on the surface. Perhaps Al-Sadr / Al-Maliqi simply want the U.S. troops to play a limited role so they can more easily suppress the sunnis?

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
http://www.cnn.com/2007/WORLD/meast/05/25/iraq.main/index.html

He is calling on his Mehdi army to stop fighting against Iraqi troops / police, calling for peace between Sunnis and Shias, etc.

I am a little too ignorant of Iraq to suggest he may actually be turning towards playing a "positive role" in the reconciliation and reconstruction, but one can certainly hope!

On the other hand, the secret agency in the Iraqi government that is supposedly looking out for the majority Shiite interests could have something to do with putting up a front of reconciliation on the surface. Perhaps Al-Sadr / Al-Maliqi simply want the U.S. troops to play a limited role so they can more easily suppress the sunnis?

If the Shi'i were smart, they'd settle their differences (at least in the short term) to get the coalition forces to leave, then they could pretty much do as they please after we're gone. I think that's how it's all eventually going to go down anyway. Why delay the inevitable?

Brett