• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

All military components meet/exceed recruiting goals

hawkmech

A smelly mechanic
http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=48124

A great piece of news. I crewed a Blackhawk that went up to the University of Idaho a couple weekends ago for a recruiting static display, and expected our presence to become a focal point for anti-war sentiment. I was happily mistaken.

Everyone that came by (including students) had nothing but good to say, and many were interested in serving. So I guess this news shouldn't surprise me. Seems the next generation isn't as soft or clueless as some old-timers might think.

http://www.defenselink.mil/news/newsarticle.aspx?id=48124

A great piece of news. I crewed a Blackhawk that went up to the University of Idaho a couple weekends ago for a recruiting static display, and expected our presence to become a focal point for anti-war sentiment. I was happily mistaken.

Everyone that came by (including students) had nothing but good to say, and many were interested in serving. So I guess this news shouldn't surprise me. Seems the next generation isn't as soft or clueless as some old-timers might think.

That seems to be the norm no matter where you go, people support their troops, their efforts, and their purpose. The media does such a good job of reporting what they want (which is anti-war this, anti-war that), that the public begins thinking that it is the majority's view, and its not.

skim

Teaching MIDN how to drift a BB
None
Contributor
At Cal State Fullerton, I have not seen any demonstrations towards recruiters during career fairs or while walking around campus. We had a Blackhawk buzzing our campus for the ROTC last year and everyone was watching it. Not every college is Berekely.

hawkmech

A smelly mechanic
That seems to be the norm no matter where you go, people support their troops, their efforts, and their purpose. The media does such a good job of reporting what they want (which is anti-war this, anti-war that), that the public begins thinking that it is the majority's view, and its not.
I had based my mistaken assumption on my years at Boise State (U of I's archrival, BTW) where it was Moonbats on Parade in the quad at least twice a week.