• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I competitive?

PhillipC

Just had a question about competitiveness for those who have been selected/ know more about the Navy aviator boards. My stats are below. I know I had a undesirable ASTB score.

ASTB: 48 5/6/6
Age: 26, prior service (Army E-6, Intelligence Analyst with deployment experience)
Paratrooper, Special operations identifier, Security Manager, UPL, combatives certified, Gryphon Group, Platoon SGT, multiple awards including GWOT expeditionary medal, ARCOM etc..., WLC, ALC
B.A. (Criminology with a minor in Sociology ) 3.25 GPA The Ohio State University
LOR's- Army; O-6, 2 O-5's, CW4, CW2, MAJ, 2 CPTs, SFC, Navy; O-5, O-4, and past employers
Manager experience managing 70+ employees.

Hopeful Hoya

pilot
Contributor
Do some searching around, there's even a thread where some ORs specifically list out what is and isn't competitive.

Short answer: ASTB is everything for SNA/SNFO, and you're on the bubble with those scores.

picklesuit

Dirty Hinge
pilot
Contributor
Wait, did you go to Ohio State University or The Ohio State University?

I think there's a difference and the "The" may be a detractor...

PhillipC

I'm not sure if your trying to be facetious or not, but it is "The Ohio State University". It wasn't a typo. Although it is sometimes referred to as Ohio State University.