• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Am I TOO SHORT?

gregg4523

I am currently 5' 3" and wiegh about 120 pounds. I am wondering if the USMC will let me fly F/A 18's still or if I am too short. I heard that you can get waivers if your close on the whole hieght thing. Thanks.

TheBubba

I Can Has Leadership!
None
Use the Search, young grasshopper. It will yield much wisdom. There are many threads on this, and one need only look. Go forth and return enlightened.

FLY_USMC

pilot
I think you'll probably fit.......but you might not be able to reach the pull-up bar for the PFT?:)

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I am currently 5' 3" and wiegh about 120 pounds. I am wondering if the USMC will let me fly F/A 18's still or if I am too short. I heard that you can get waivers if your close on the whole hieght thing. Thanks.

Like was said before, there are a number of threads on this topic but the main issue is not just your "standing height". For example, a girl from my unit who was about your size (sorry, not trying to be funny here, just making a useful comparison) made it through the anthro section of her physical w/o problem. She is now in API, and is a member on this board. So I wouldn't that you are certainly too small or anything.

That said, would you not want to be a Naval Aviator if you couldn't fly F/A-18's? If the answer is yes, I think you might be setting yourself up for failure, and an anthro waiver is the least of your concerns

bunk22

Super *********
pilot
Super Moderator
You're a guy and you're 5'3" and 120lbs? Brother, that's like a hobbit :eek: Just check the NAMI website and you might find your answer. I've never seen a fighter guy as small as you but NAMI will have to determine that. There are other honorable aircraft other than the F-18 though. Especially for the Marine Corps.

ArkhamAsylum

500+ Posts
pilot
Really? You smiled when I planned my career off of a potential waiver? Thanks man, you're the best.

Did it work out as planned? Then it's a happy, heart-warming story of an underdog who beat the odds. If not, then it's a heart-breaking story of somebody who tried to beat the system and lost, but can still slightly amuse third-parties.

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
Am I too short? I'm about 5' 10".

How about you read the first posts on this thread...and then do as is suggested. It's really easy, I'll even give you the search word: "anthro"

Your actual height has little to do w/ whether or not you need a waiver.

JTS11

pilot
Contributor
You could probably get checked out in one of these...:D

182215530_7c86e1ba03.jpg