• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Amc / Mac

jmiller82

My wedding anniversary will be soon approaching and I was trying to get something in line as to what my wife and I could do to celebrate it. She's been pulling for us to go to Europe (went to South America/Caribbean for honeymoon), and I can't think of a better option to celebrate our first anniversary.
I was thinking of actually taking an AMC flight over to Europe, if it available. Does anyone know if NAS Jacksonville flies to Ramstein AFB in Germany or is the closest I can get Rota? I'd be TAD out of Pensacola (awaiting API class up) at the time we would go, so I'm assuming it wouldn't be a problem taking leave (right after the holidays). I remember that NAS Jacksonville flies to Rota, Spain, and I thought they flew to Rhein Main (although that's now closed) - maybe they mean Frankfurt IAP? Anyway, we're wanting to go to Eastern Europe (Prague, Budpaest, Vienna), as the wife is a shopaholic and the dollar goes farther there, since the euro has not set in yet (except Austria). Would it be a stretch to try and Space A up to NS Norfolk and then get a flight into Ramstein AFB, or does anyone know for sure if there is a flight into Ramstein/other parts of Europe from NAS Jax? I tried to call the air terminal there and they aren't very accomodating to requests for flight schedules (it is only updated weekly - no long term advance notice). Also, Pensacola doesn't fly to Europe do they (via AMC)? Thanks for info..

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
All I can say about Space A travel is that you should be prepared to have a very flexible schedule and also be ready to fork out the price of a short notice, full fare airline ticket in the likely event that you can't get to where you need to go. Depending on circumstances, you generally need to be on orders or on leave to use space A. IMO, not worth the hassle.

Brett

jmiller82

What about over there on the west coast, Brett - is it still Travis AFB as the hub for west-bound AMC flights? I remember as a kid waiting for those flights to come in, only to hear that they'd be delayed by 8 hours or some ungodly amount of time!

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
What about over there on the west coast, Brett - is it still Travis AFB as the hub for west-bound AMC flights? I remember as a kid waiting for those flights to come in, only to hear that they'd be delayed by 8 hours or some ungodly amount of time!

You can get space A flights from just about anywhere with an airfield.

Brett