• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Amdo To Nfo???

pancho86

I was just wondering if anyone out there can help with this. I am currently too old to be an NFO (29), but have heard that you can come in as an AMDO and in 18 months apply for an NFO slot under the prior service age waiver. How likely is that, and what are my chances of getting in. Thanks in advance

Brett327

None
Super Moderator
Contributor
pancho86 said:
I was just wondering if anyone out there can help with this. I am currently too old to be an NFO (29), but have heard that you can come in as an AMDO and in 18 months apply for an NFO slot under the prior service age waiver. How likely is that, and what are my chances of getting in. Thanks in advance
The prior service age waiver is essentially a month for month waiver for up to 48 total months of prior service, so you would only be able to waive those 18 months which wouldn't help you.

Brett

pancho86

I appreciate the response Brett. I was being told that the age requirement was moved to 33 if you had prior service, but no mention was made of it being a month for month trade off.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
pancho86 said:

I don't know who told you this, but it's complete BS. Even if you were under the age limit, you'd be looking at a lateral transfer which is ridiculously hard to aviation (they picked up one NFO last board fleet wide). Also, you need 24 months of commissioned service to apply for transfer, not 18. They don't have a special AMDO to NFO program. You'd have a better shot at going SWO to NFO than AMDO to NFO, because as a SWO you'll at least be warfare qualifed and the board favors that. AMDO has no such qualifications.

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
If you needed any other bad news, I can assure you that Brett and This Guy are on the money. Sorry, but it ain't going to happen.