• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

american eagle

flaps

happy to be here
None
Contributor
189363_229193377119651_100000869710306_636294_4699395_n.jpg

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator
Great picture, but I couldn't help but think that the patriotic vibe gets ruined if that bird craps on the tombstone!

ChunksJR

Retired.
pilot
Contributor
Yeah, I'm calling photoshop....but...maybe not. Found this: "That photo was taken at the Ft. Snelling National Cemetary near Mpls./St. Paul. The Minnesota and Mississippi rivers are across the road and the eagles are frequently scene[sic]."

Anyone verify?

reza0029

The eagles have definitely started returning to the Twin Cities metro area. Not uncommon to be driving south on I-35 and have one soaring above you.

Jim123

DD-214 in hand and I'm gonna party like it's 1998
pilot
I've almost killed one or two in the Appalachians on a cross country to/from DC...

I almost hit one on a low level nav flight- a few days before Fourth of July no less! Rumor is if you kill a bald eagle on the Fourth then bad things happen to you... you turn into a liberal :eek:

phrogdriver

More humble than you would understand
pilot
Super Moderator

KBayDog

Not ironic at all. It is an odd coincidence, though. Everyone who uses that word seems to have the same dictionary as Alanis Morissette.;)

Thanks, George.

Irony deals with opposites; it has nothing to do with coincidence. If two baseball palyers from the same hometown, on different teams, receive the same uniform number, it is not ironic. It is a coincidence. If Barry Bonds attains lifetime statistics identical to his father’s it will not be ironic. It will be a coincidence. Irony is "a state of affairs that is the reverse of what was to be expected; a result opposite to and in mockery of the appropriate result." For instance:

-If a diabetic, on his way to buy insulin, is killed by a runaway truck, he is the victim of an accident. If the truck was delivering sugar, he is the victim of an oddly poetic coincidence. But if the truck was delivering insulin, ah! Then he is the victim of an irony.

-If a Kurd, after surviving bloody battle with Saddam Hussein’s army and a long, difficult escape through the mountains, is crushed and killed by a parachute drop of humanitarian aid, that, my friend, is irony writ large.

-Darryl Stingley, the pro football player, was paralyzed after a brutal hit by Jack Tatum. Now Darryl Stingley’s son plays football, and if the son should become paralyzed while playing, it will not be ironic. It will be coincidental. If Darryl Stingley’s son paralyzes someone else, that will be closer to ironic. If he paralyzes Jack Tatum’s son that will be precisely ironic.
-George Carlin Braindroppings