• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

And taking up more space

red92gt

NFO? no. SNA? not yet. FNG? yep.
First off thanks to everyone for all of your help, I couldn't have asked for better people to talk to. One thing that's getting me confused is a few of the acronyms...Hopefully someone can clear a few of these up:
IFS
NFO
SNA
PLC

Chris

zippy

Freedom!
pilot
Contributor
Introductory Flight Screening

Naval Flight Officer

Student Naval Aviator

Platoon Leader Class

89-LX

Sorry to hijack, but can someone explain PLC a little more. I found info for the Marines, but nothing for the Navy. Is it the same?

brickwall

K/1 2004, ?/? 2006
Marines do PLC. It's 2-6 week sessions or 1-10 week session of Marine Corps OCS during the summers of your college career, and then upon graduation (if you haven't by the summer you complete OCS), you receive your commission. As far as I know, the Navy doesn't do anything like that. It's OCS after graduating from college. Hope that helps.

Goober

Professional Javelin Catcher
None
brickwall said:
One thing zippy:
NFO = Non-flying officer :D
Blah blah blah PLC...blah blah blah college...blah blah blah unemployed...

Call us when you're sporting wings Sparky... :sleep_125 :boring_12 :D

zab1001

pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
the cycle continues...

brickwall
K/1 2004, ?/? 2006
Last Activity: Today 03:59 AM

Signature
I HEARD YOUR EYEBALLS MOVE!!!!

Forum Info Contact Info
PostsTotal Posts: 11 (11 posts per day)

Biography:
Lacrosse goalie, soon-to-be Cobra pilot

not that this has anything to do with anything, but:
Nephew of Lt. Col. (retired) USMC
Son of Lt. Cdr. (retired) Navy
Interests: Lacrosse, history
Latest News: Playing goalie for my college's lacrosse team, doing OCS-related workouts, and trying not to fail out of college.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
brickwall said:
One thing zippy:
NFO = Non-flying officer :D

Blah, blah, blah, blah....

thin_ice.gif

I smell a poser.

brickwall

K/1 2004, ?/? 2006
Bad attempt at a joke. I have a tendency to talk out of my @ss every once in a while, and that's a prime example. I have all the respect in the world for everyone who's earned their wings, as it was pointed out so poigniantly earlier, I don't even rate that yet, so I picked a bad (horrible) time to try and be funny. No offense was meant by what I said earlier.

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
brickwall said:
Bad attempt at a joke. I have a tendency to talk out of my @ss every once in a while, and that's a prime example. I have all the respect in the world for everyone who's earned their wings, as it was pointed out so poigniantly earlier, I don't even rate that yet, so I picked a bad (horrible) time to try and be funny. No offense was meant by what I said earlier.

Okay..he's eaten humble pie...come on in.

How's the lacrosse game going? I taught at Navy for 3 years (02-05)and we had a good team.

brickwall

K/1 2004, ?/? 2006
Schnugg said:
Okay..he's eaten humble pie...come on in.

How's the lacrosse game going? I taught at Navy for 3 years (02-05)and we had a good team.

It's definitely going to be an interesting year. There are (about) 30 guys on the team, and I'm one of 6 upperclassmen (junior/senior). We're a club team, so we can't offer any scholarships, but we have some good young talent. Our first game is a week from Saturday, so we'll find out pretty soon. I can keep you all updated if you want.

On a different note...any advice about how I should be training, anything specific for flight school (yes, it's a good 2 years away, but I want to be as ready as possible). Any good books or workout routines?