• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

another NA phony?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JIMMY

Hey guys,

ok well... i remember "NAVYSNFO" posted something about trying to defraud a hornet phony a few weeks back, and i was wondering the same thing about another... who claims to have been a Marine phantom driver in the 70's. I think I remember someone saying they could look up names and verify that kinda stuff, and luckily I have a name. If that person(s) could PM ill give it to you.

...but anyways, some of the stuff he's told me just sounds ridiculous...
for example:
he told me whenever they would get a new pilot in their sqd (srry cant remember which sqd this was but i can find out) they would take him on a "TINS" mission (This is no ****). Some senior dude would fly in the back, theyd fly to 10,000ft... put the jet in a parabolic arc... then the FNG would have to open his canopy, loosen his straps, stick his head out, and sing the Marine Corps hymn b4 they reached the downside of the arc and then close it all up. i mean is that not the most ridiculous story ever? ...Id also try to ask him technical questions about the F-4 and he would always give vague answers.
another story he told was:
he was taking off in a two ship and a bomb rack (not containing bombs) fell off his lead's jet and slammed into a wing tank he was carrying, which as a result turned into a fireball just as he rotated... so he jett. all and came back to land on a separate rwy. i guess this is more plausible but still...

What really gets me is a lot of people in a particular pilot group (that the two of us are apart of) think this guy is like a god or something... and it makes me F-in sick to know that this guy is probably full of it... trying to take credit for all the accomplishments and hardships of real Naval Aviators...

so pm me :icon_wink ... and if anyone has any ideas on how i should confront him- if he is fake- id love to hear them. The first thing that comes to mind is a swift kick to the groin...

p.s. sorry for the long post...
-jP

FMRAM

Combating TIP training AGAIN?!
If I remember correctly, the last guy claiming to know a NA phony, was discovered to be said phony.

JIMMY

If I remember correctly, the last guy claiming to know a NA phony, was discovered to be said phony.

well, if u PM me ill give you the name. and that other guy actually wasnt a phony. i know him in real life. (hopefully that doesnt take any credibility away from my post ;)) but anyways... hes a midshipmen and told me that when he logged on his gf's computer it logged him into AW on his old sn and he didnt notice.

JIMMY

i mean navysnfo is definitly not a phony... this one time we went into hooters... and navysnfo was wearing a naval aviation shirt, and our waitress was like all over him... she finally asked if he was a military pilot, and he said no (of course afterwhich the waitress lost all interested). but i mean if thats not enough proof, i dont know what is ;). this girl was like seriously about to jump on him.

Status
Not open for further replies.