• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another Recruiter question

Lonestar155

is good to go
I just got off the phone with a Naval recruiter (enlisted) who told me that in order to get in contact with an officer recruiter that I must speak with an enlisted recruiter first. He said I would have to come in to the office and take some test. He asked the basic questions and then told me that because I am not in a prestigous school that I have no chance at OCS. Is it true that I have to go through them first or is there a way I can find a direct contact with an Officer recruiter?? Thanks guys

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
THAT IS TOTAL BULLSH IT! A four-year degree is a 4-year degree. He wants you to take the ASVAB and sucker you into enlisting.

I made my initial contact with an officer recruiter (years ago) by submitting a resume through our career services center, and never spoke to an enlisted recruiter.

Zilch

This...is...Caketown!
Yeah...my crap alarm just went off. Headed to OCS in 3 weeks, never talked to enlisted side recruiters.

Lonestar155

is good to go
You know something thats what i felt like telling him, but what a way to make a bad impression. He said another guy will call me within the hour to set something up. Ill pass
Thanks!

BackOrdered

Contributor
I just got off the phone with a Naval recruiter (enlisted) who told me that in order to get in contact with an officer recruiter that I must speak with an enlisted recruiter first. He said I would have to come in to the office and take some test. He asked the basic questions and then told me that because I am not in a prestigous school that I have no chance at OCS. Is it true that I have to go through them first or is there a way I can find a direct contact with an Officer recruiter?? Thanks guys

I remember a screening process when I considered applying to the Coast Guard. Also, I don't remember going str8 to an officer recruiter when I started. Still, that's messed up. What were your stats man (grades, background etc)?

wink

War Hoover NFO.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor

Out of line! Unsat! Enlisted recruiters are requiredto refer individuals interested in officer programs that have some college and are basicly qualified (age, medical, police, etc) to an officer recruiter. Once you make contact with an officer recruiter you might want to mention this guys name to him.

RHPF

pilot
Contributor
Once you make contact with an officer recruiter you might want to mention this guys name to him.

I got the same routine as you did essentially. The enlisted recruiter I contacted first said the only way to become an aviator was to go enlisted first. He said that after 3 years they will let you go to OCS and become an aviator (like it was an automatic thing...). I asked for an officer recruiter and he said there was not one around. I ended up finding out that there was one like 5 miles away from the Navy.com website. I mentioned this to my officer recruiter when I did meet with him and he said it would be delt with. If you plan to go in as an officer just go straight to an officer recruiter.

HAL Pilot

None
Contributor
http://www.cnrc.navy.mil/

Go to the Navy Recruiting Command website. Use the pull down menu to find the NRD nearest you. Go to the NRD's website and click on "Officer Programs". There will be a way to get in contact with an Officer Programs recuriter listed there.

Lonestar155

is good to go
Hey thanks fellas!
I have read and took into consideration each and every one of your posts. In a matter of a few hours I reached the OSO in my area and set up a meeting. Now Im a little upset about that enlisted recruiter that called a few days ago. I feel that this enlisted recruiter is holding back the Navy from allowing qualified candidates from getting in contact with officer recruiters, but im not gonna make his day any worse. Thanks guys

MasterBates

If his chain of command does not find out about it, there may be another guy who gets hoodwinked.

I have an AW3 that works for me that has a MASTERS degree. He was told he would have a better chance of getting picked up if he went enlisted first.

Steve Wilkins

Teaching pigs to dance, one pig at a time.
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
Just got off the phone with said recruiting station that Lonestar had a problem with. I told them I had 20 credits from the community college there (San Mateo), that I was 27 years old, and interested in becoming an officer. I repeated SEVERAL times that I was intersted in being an officer and asked him what I needed to do. He repeatedly asked me what I was doing "right now." I told him I didn't quite follow and he said that he needed to talk to me in his office. I said I didn't quite understand why because I just needed information to help me become an officer. He said he would have to interview me in his office.

Then I sprung the "Hey, I'm LT XXXXXX" and it then turned ugly. He never backed down from what he was doing and oftened referred to a memo his OPO (Officer Programs Officer) sent out. I tried to explain to him what he was doing was wrong but he wanted to focus on the little trick I played on him. He kept telling me that I didn't qualify for any officer programs and I repeatedly told him that not only was he wrong, but that it wasn't his job to determine that.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
In the interest of protecting future aviators would you please send me a detailed pm with names and dates. I know some folk who know some folks and would appreciate the chance to re-educate some who have wandered from the faith.

Thisguy

Pain-in-the-dick
I have an AW3 that works for me that has a MASTERS degree. He was told he would have a better chance of getting picked up if he went enlisted first.

After hearing stories like this, I'm so glad I went to a school where the (Officer) Recruiter's office was across the street from campus.

RockyMtnNFO

None
Contributor
Just got off the phone with said recruiting station that Lonestar had a problem with. I told them I had 20 credits from the community college there (San Mateo), that I was 27 years old, and interested in becoming an officer. I repeated SEVERAL times that I was intersted in being an officer and asked him what I needed to do. He repeatedly asked me what I was doing "right now." I told him I didn't quite follow and he said that he needed to talk to me in his office. I said I didn't quite understand why because I just needed information to help me become an officer. He said he would have to interview me in his office.

Then I sprung the "Hey, I'm LT XXXXXX" and it then turned ugly. He never backed down from what he was doing and oftened referred to a memo his OPO (Officer Programs Officer) sent out. I tried to explain to him what he was doing was wrong but he wanted to focus on the little trick I played on him. He kept telling me that I didn't qualify for any officer programs and I repeatedly told him that not only was he wrong, but that it wasn't his job to determine that.

Hey! I was gonna do that! Maybe I will. Steve, send me a PM and I will try to follow up with his COC.

Sorry I haven't gotten back to you on the previous e-mail; I will.

Regards