• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Another Scooter for the Airshow circuit.

rrpilot

Very cool, worth reading that whole thread I love pictures of the inner workings of these planes!

jtmedli

pilot
Too Cool. Looked through the whole thread. Love seeing a great plane get back in the sky.

yak52driver

Contributor
The A-4's owner is a very down to earth guy I've flown formation with a few times over the last couple of years. He (and his museum) are based in Waukegan, IL. After the airshow there in September he invited the performers to his hangers for a cookout. I was blown away. In addition to the A-4 I saw his F-86, T-2 Buckeye, L-39, A-1 Skyraider, T-28, Stearman, T-6 and a Birddog. And that was just one of the hangers. They are all in incredible shape, I'm glad he is able to keep these historic aircraft in flying condition for others to see.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
A-4b/c?

I don't recall it being there in the TA-4. As a "B" I wonder if it may be Hertz gauge for the generator?

I believe it is an A-4B (by the inst. panel); however, it has an A-4C buno. (148601) per the photograph. So obviously when they restored it in honor of Ted Swartz's MIG kill, they painted on the buno. of the A-4C he was flying on the day of his kill. BTW, he did it with 5" ZUNI rockets!!! Believe the original Buno. would have been in the 142XXX series.
Also think Pugs aced it on the "cycles" indicator!:D
BzB

Gatordev

pilot
Site Admin
Contributor
I don't recall it being there in the TA-4. As a "B" I wonder if it may be Hertz gauge for the generator?

That's what I was thinking at first, but the gauge is indicating well over 400 hz, which I thought was the standard Navy (and others) power freq. Then again, it may just be out of cal.