• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthro Dilemma

STARFlight145

I'm checking out of NAS Pensacola tomorrow to head on over to TRAWING 4. They handed us back our anthro sheets today, telling us what we are restricted from. I am a person of average build (5'9" 145lbs).

The sheet said that my butt-to-knee length, which is 21.59, restricts me from C-2A and SH-60B. I want helos, so I went to anthro to make sure I'm not restricted from MH-60R and S. According to them, I am not restricted from either Romeo or Sierra - only Bravo. I asked them to explain and they could not. Even more so, I flew with HSL-43 last summer, I could reach all controls in the Bravo just fine.

Though they have told me that I'm still eligible for Sierra and Romeo, I fear that when I get into HT's, they will see that I'm restricted from Bravos and automatically make the assumption that I can't fly any H-60 variant. Can anyone shed light on this?

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
Former STUCON guy here. You are not anthro'd out of anything but the 60B.

sbeaTm08

Wake up, put a good dip in, crack a cold one
pilot
You can't fly the C-2A or 60B is all it means. Shouldn't be a big deal at the HT's. I had an Anthro waiver and things worked out just fine. Just get good grades and you won't have to worry about it. If you're really that worried asked to get remeasured. They may or may not allow it but never hurts to ask.

BusyBee604

St. Francis/Hugh Hefner Combo!
pilot
Super Moderator
Contributor
I fear that when I get into HT's, they will see that I'm restricted from Bravos and automatically make the assumption that I can't fly any H-60 variant.

Dude, your'e making an assumption, that the all elusive "they" will make an assumption! If you do that throughout the program, you'll become distracted, and it could become problematic. Assume = Ass U & Me. Just go with the flow. Oddly, assumptions can become self-fulfilling prophecies.:rolleyes:
BzB:cool:

MasterBates

I have no idea what is different about the B or C-2 (vs E-2) that makes it different.

I've flown all the planes you mentioned and can't see why no C2 if OK for E2, no 60B if OK for 60R, etc.

STARFlight145

Well thanks for the reassurance. I'm not overly worried about it, I just wanted to make sure I wasn't getting screwed out of helos because someone in anthro messed my stuff up.

More than anything, I'm just curious as to why I would be restricted from the C-2 and not the E-2, and just Bravos rather than all H-60's. Doesn't make much sense to me, just like MB said.

squorch2

he will die without safety brief
pilot
The 60B was measured long, long ago. The cockpit, among other things, changed in the F/H/R/S resulting in different requirements for different appendages. I've encountered a couple folks like you while running selections, and the only things that happen are 1) 60B communities are blacked out and 2) there's a note saying "anthro'd out of 60B."

Truly, there is nothing new under the sun.