• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anthro

DE88

I was just commissioned a couple weeks ago and am heading to Pensecola in September to begin flight school. I'm a pretty big guy (77" tall, 27.19" butt to knee, 38.37" sitting height) and I'm guessing I'm close to the max anthro measurements for some aircraft. I'm not one of those guys who only wants jets and am very excited to be given the privlege to fly at wether it be jets, helos or props; I know every community has its pros and cons. Although my fate is already sealed I would like to have somewhat of an idea of what I can actually fly since this is going to be my career for several years. I've been doing alot of online research and going through old post and haven't been able to find anything too solid. About the only thing I could conclude is that quite often your not informed of your anthro limitations until right before you pick your aircraft community. If any of you guys have any information it would be greatly appreciated.

DE88

I got my physical in Newport, RI and tried talking with the enlisted guys who measured me but they weren't that helpfull. I wasn't aware there was an anthro office

desertoasis

Something witty.
None
Contributor
I got my physical in Newport, RI and tried talking with the enlisted guys who measured me but they weren't that helpfull. I wasn't aware there was an anthro office

There is one at the schoolhouse in Pensacola, and if they can't give you answers they can probably refer you to one of the instructors who has the answers. Those guys seem to know where to point people.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
I knew some seriously tall people in jet school, so it can happen. Of course there are many other good aircraft to fly if you get anthroed out of some particular airframe. The one I particularly liked was the jet student who was anthroed out of E2/C2.....I think they might be one of our very own here on AW :)

SynixMan

Mobilizer Extraordinaire
pilot
Contributor
You'll get remeasured here in PCola in the Anthro office. After it's done, ask nicely to see if anything is a problem. My friend is about a half and inch too tall for T-45s (and thus jets).

DE88

thanks for all the info. I'm finding alot of info on the max measurements for the sitting height for the t-45 and th-57 but nothing on the buttock knee length. By chance do any of you guys know what they are?

HAWK22

pilot
pretty sure max sitting height is 39 inches. i know b/c they measured me 39.016 and said i was over the max..... long story short i got remeasured and was actually 35.5 inches. They were way off initially. not too sure about the butt to knee length.

MIDNJAC

is clara ship
pilot
Most of the tall guys I know in jets are tall because of their legs. Not saying this means you are good to go, just anecdotal info FWIW. I'm sure they looked like clowns up in the cockpit of a -45 though. Pretty hard to see the gear handle warning light with your big knee in the way.