• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any AH-1W pilots out there (need front seat info)?

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
I'm looking for a little help if at all possible. Quick down and dirty: as a hobby I build plastic models and currently have a 1/35 AH-1W NTS upgrade on the table. Now when I build, I go into a lot of detail and try to ensure as accurate a representation as possible.

Problem is, the Gunner instrument panel and glareshield provided in the kit is for the AH-1W standard, and the panel and glareshield in the resin pit I ordered is to big (you wouldn't be able to close the canopy), so I'm having to build one from scratch. I've got a few reference photos, but I have some questions that I'm hoping a knowledgable source can help clue me in. Primarily the display(s) above what looks to be a telescoping sight. If there are any Gunners that can help, I can post some of the reference photos with a little more detailed questions. Just don't want to soak up bandwidth posting pictures if no one can help. Thanks in advance.

PR1

Harrier Dude

Living the dream
Someone here will probably be able to hook you up with some pics, but just FYI.....there are no AH-1W "gunners". They're both pilots.

Chopper pilots, but pilots nonetheless.

Smiles, etc. for my Co-bros.

PR1 H

Perpetually fixing cranial/rectal inversions
Sorry for any confusion, but was just pointed out to me that both aircrew are pilots on the Cobra, not a pilot/NFO as I'd originally thought. Unfortunately I can't change the thread title, but are there any AH-1W Pilots out there that can help?

EDIT - pointed out twice now. :eek:

EDIT 2.0. Thanks HJ for changing that for me.