• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any more NROTC news?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
Just post some comments... I still haven't heard back about my selection status, but I did find out that my top choice school was more than likely closed out for scholarship consideration (Villanova)... Any other news/notes/ scholarships awarded/denied?

Hermit

Still have not heard anything back yet. My top two still only have half their slots filled so I guess there is still hope. I was told that if you are no longer in the hunt that you get a letter. I was dissappointed that my local recruiter didn't tell me that this past Monday was the last chance to update your package, I had a major promotion in CAP that I wanted to add but was two days late. Guess this is like a lot of things in life once you know all the ins and outs you never have to do it again! Good luck to all those still waiting.

jagges84

Semper Gumby "Always Flexible"
For those of you going up for the 2-3 year scholarship or advanced standing here are some stats. The numbers may be off a little, my MOI just showed them to me.These are the averages for the people selected.

Scholarship

PFT-291
SAT-12XX
GPA-3.5

Advanced Standing
PFT- 283
SAT-1140
GPA-2.85

I just found out i got advanced standing, (that is when you dont have a NROTC scholarship, you need to apply for advanced to continue your junior and senior year, and be contracted). My stats were just below the averages, but I still got it. The stats for the 4yr scholarship will probablly be a little lower. For the 2-3 yr and the advanced standing, they are looking for people that are pretty much READY to go to OCS and for the 4 year, it is more who can be ready for ocs in 3 years. I hope this helps

Jagges

Hermit

Last boards are the week of March 28, results soon after..I hope! Good luck to all those still waiting. I wonder how many (Lucky) people are waiting the results so they can choose between AFROTC, etc. or the Academies??

DanMa1156

Is it baseball season yet?
pilot
Contributor
I'm not sure. But good luck to you Hermit. I know you've been trying. Hope it turns out in your favor.

Status
Not open for further replies.