• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any Opinions

Status
Not open for further replies.

kent1644

I recently took the ASTB and scored an OAR of 53 but I only scored a 4 on the pilot section,and a 5 on the NFO section. I am 24 years old and graduated with a 3.1 GPA in Business. I have a private pilots license and an instrument airplane rating. I also have about 150 hours of flight time. Personally I thought the flight part of that test was a little rediculous. It has nothing to do with how well you can fly a plane. Does anyone have any opinions on what my chances are on getting selected for a pilot slot with these scores, and my experience.

FlyFast

Kent sorry can't answer your Q, but have one for you. Any advice for the ASTB. I'm a CFII, but weak in math. What did you study and what would you do different.

JTP

I think you need to score atleast a 5 in the pilot section to apply for a pilot slot. Just wait the 30 days and take it again. Atleast you'll know now what to look at.

YEAH COME ON!!

kent1644

As for the math I studied the Marine study guide, and I got an ACT study guide. Concentrate a lot on Geometry, because there is a lot of geometry on the test. All you need is a 4 on the pilot section to apply. You need a 6 to apply for the marines. The recruiter has already told me my scores were high enough to apply for pilot.

Status
Not open for further replies.