• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Any Recommendations to what I have?

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
I plan to submit my first package on 1 October 2007. First, I would like to get the thoughts and recommendations from the members in this forum. There is a plethora of knowledge on this site and I would like to use it to my fullest potential. Here is what I have to submit......

Applying for:
1) Pilot 2) NFO 3) IWO

8 years of active duty Service - FT2(SS)
Hold TS/SCI Clearance

Awards:
2 LOC's
2 Good Conducts

Collateral Duties:
Command Recreation Committee President
Command Fitness Leader

Community Involvement:
Play in a Top Gun flag football League
Volunteer to help the coordination and completion of San Diego’s Bay Bridge Fun run
Volunteer to help the coordination and completion of San Diego’s Academic Decathlon
Volunteer to Mentor young kids at Pebbles Pathway, a childcare for my local Church

PRT:
Last 3 were Outstanding Low

Statement:
In short I stated that being a Naval Officer is my #1 goal and I will not be discouraged nor give up.

Eval:
Last 3 Evals are EP
(Last 2 were #1 of 11 E-5)

OAR:
Take on Sept 24

Education:
Earned both from University of Phoenix-
BS Degree in Information Technology
GPA: 3.5
AA Computer Science Technologies
GPA: 3.3

CO's Recommendations (2):
First, Hand written from previous Commodore (O-6)
Second, Personally typed from current Commodore (O-6) who stated I was the best applicant he has reviewed in his 25 year career.
-Both are extremely heavy write-ups

Interviews:
3 Submarine O-5
1 NFO O-6 (Current Chief of Staff for Navy Region SW)
1 Pilot O-5 (Current CO of a Helicopter Squadron)
1 IW O-5
-All have 10's w/excellent write ups

LOR:
1 Submarine O-6 (my previous CO)
1 Joint Staff O-6 (my previous Commodore)
1 NC O-5 (My Father-in-Law)
1 CWO3 (My command's SSO who is an IW)
1 E-9 (CMC for COMSUBGRU 7)
-All great write-ups

Additional Info:
Had CO's NJP in 2003 - Article 132
One of my LOR is from the CO who masted me
Both my previous CO and current Commodore discuss the NJP and how much I have learned from it.
All Evals since have been EP except the one immediately after, which was an MP
I also wrote an NJP address discussing the situation and how I have learned from it.

Any thoughts (even constructive criticism) and recommendation will help .

FUPaladin

couldabeen
Well, at a glance, I'd say you could use a few more references. :rolleyes:

Obviously the biggest thing you can do to help your application at this point is to kick ass on the ASTB. You've got a few weeks to prepare, and there's good gouge on this site, so that's where I'd start (actually, it's where I did start).

nicknight

That is a very strong application... kind of makes me question my own!! Kick ass on the ASTB like FUPaladin said and I think you would be an excellent candidate!!

phrogpilot73

Had CO's NJP in 2003 - Article 132
Fradulent claims?!? Not that it's any of my business, but what did you do? If in your statement you address it, admit guilt and say how you learned from it, it shouldn't be a big deal... Especially with everything else, you've got a lot of atta boys to take care of that oh shit...

Praying4OCS

Helo Bubba to Information Warrior
pilot
Contributor
Sorry about bumping my own thread........I just want any last thoughts/recommendations before my submission (Oct 1)