• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anybody here not going for SNA or NFO?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goliath112

My name is Glen and I am finishing up my application with the PRT next week. I am prior enlisted gunning for a Supply, AMDO, or SWO slot. Does the long wait list apply to all of these programs or what? I grad next June03 from ERAU. Man i'm sweating getting turned down big time. I have a 3.2 gpa in Aeronautics and got only a 42 on my OAR (I know I suck) I am in good physical shape and expect to get a good high on the PRT. I qualiifed for nfo and pilot but really don't want to fly anyway. Anybody not going sna of nfo? Oh and i'm glad to be a new member here. later

Edited by - Goliath112 on 08/15/2002 01:50:28

DDriver

Glen,
I am still active. What I heard from friends is that it's easy esp for priors to get supply slots. I don't know about the swo or amdo.
My aor was 43. BUt why wont you shoot for pilot/nfo?

spidrwmn

Glenn - I'm going to put SWO as my first choice, NFO as my second. I haven't heard much about availability, but I hope SWO is open by the time I get my app. together.

- spider

Goliath112

Hey guys thanks for responding i was begginng to think i was alone with my non SNA SNFO choices. Well I don't have any against those jobs but, my main goal is just to actually get to be an officer. The designator is really a second thing. I wear contacts so I couldn't go for it even though I'm academically qualified for it. NFO is a cool job (as they get to be the Tactical O's) but, I prefer to be a small boy or something. i.e., CRU/DES OR FFG. AMDO i heard is reall easy to get for priors but, that said those guys are usually still enlisted so they get preference over the already got out guys.

Goliath112

hey Spidey, From what I hear SWO is very congested right now, HOWEVER just like alot of things in the Navy. That doesn't mean you can't get it. My recruiter showed me a list for SWO and there are slots open but, they are just harder to get. Supposedly they gunned big for SWO over the last 3 years and they manned it. But stick to it and make it your first choice. Think supply also Because they will be on those same ships and guess what?!! they too can get the Famed gold swo pin. Its a little different looking than the REgular swo pin but, (it has some addded decorations on it)My wife is still active duty. AK2 and her supply Officer is a swos qualified. She is also a woman. so they can drive the ship and be on the watch bill without a lot of the bull that goes along with being a full time swo.

Status
Not open for further replies.