• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone flying over Texas....

exhelodrvr

pilot
...better scan for traffic a little higher then usual.
I heard about the two satellites colliding, but thought the report said the debris field would be over the Pacific.

The initial reports (at least some of them) said that the debris would most likely come down in the Pacific, but that they would need a week or so to track the field to have a better idea. Of course, seeing as "the Pacific" is the largest single geographic entity on the planet, that is probably the safest guess they could make.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
I woke to a sonic boom yesterday for the debris entering the atmosphere. It kind of caught me off guard, I wasn't sure what was going on till I saw a news report.

Godspeed

His blood smells like cologne.
pilot
I woke to a sonic boom yesterday for the debris entering the atmosphere. It kind of caught me off guard, I wasn't sure what was going on till I saw a news report.

I'm with FLYTPAY on this one.

Was probably swamp gas from a weather balloon trapped in a thermal pocket that reflected the sound from Venus.

Or maybe your neighbor fired off a round or two.

Alpha_Echo_606

Does not play well with others!™
Contributor
That's fine with me, hell it could have even me letting off some gas! :eek:

After all my other screen name I use is Gaseous Anomaly! :D

It would appear it was a meteor burning up. It's not the first time this channel reported the wrong info.

Here's the local news link that covered the S.F.F.S.
http://www.kwtx.com/news/headlines/39638797.html