• Please take a moment and update your account profile. If you have an updated account profile with basic information on why you are on Air Warriors it will help other people respond to your posts. How do you update your profile you ask?

Go here:

Edit Account Details and Profile

Anyone know a guy called ''Tonka''?

widow_34

Guys just I am just looking for an Ex USN pilot by the name of ''Tonka'' I was over in the states last year around april time working out of Fort Polk. We had a little Cessna fitted with a Sniper pod acting as a Pred. One of the pilots of the Cessna had just left the USN as a CMDR of an FA-18 sqn,he used to fly A-6'S.Anyway this guy Tonka was a top chap,very helpful with plenty of tales to tell,he came out on the ground with us JTAC's a few times.Anyway roll on 6 months whilst in Afghanistan whislt working with jets off the TR on NTISR stuff, I brought this Tonka's name up and low and behold both the aviators new him and said he was a bit of a legend. If any you chaps know the guy I would be grateful if you could drop him a line for me. Tell him I was the Brit JTAC that had a bad control with an FA-18 in Iraq and now after a very good tour in Afghan I want to chage my opinion.

Cheers

Widow 34

jl08

pilot
I have no way of contacting him but he was my CO a few years back. He did a great job and had lots of respect from the enlisted side.

feddoc

Really old guy
Contributor
If you can remember his first name, might make it easier to do a search. I knew him at NSAWC and at NAS Lemoore. Good guy, well liked/respected.

widow_34

Tonka

Cheers buddy.
Yep sounds like the guy, Shortish, stocky with a cowboy tash.Really nice guy and he was earning thousands of $$$$$ flying that Cessna. I explained to him that my worst ever operational control was with an FA-18 over Iraq in 05,he was very apologetic however he didn't take into account that it could well have been my fault due to me never having controlled a USN jet before.Anyway cheers for the help. He may rememebr the Call sign Dobbin 01, and how we put a AGM114K (simulated I must add) into the house of the leader of the KKK in a little town called Pitkin LA.

Banjo33

AV-8 Type
pilot
Off topic, but sounds like Green Flag is where you met him. If so, I was with the Harrier squadron that supported you guys in September, I think?

Schnugg

It's gettin' a bit dramatic 'round here...
None
Super Moderator
Contributor
He took over from "Puke."

I thought "Tonka" was a former A-7 driver.

widow_34

Yep you are correct it he was an A-7 driver not an A-6 .KIt was Green flag (East) however not in sept it was around May/June. We had a Brit Tornado supporting out of Barksdale.